It's nothing special, which you will note as soon as you get off the elevator and tread the worn carpet down the hall to your room. Once inside, the shabby chicness of it takes over: knicked furniture, stained corner chair, slightly dirty bathroom. It's not a 5-star resort by US mainland standards. But compared to the other island hotels I've visited, it's pretty darn good.
Morning yoga classes are wonderful, with a backdrop of cruise ships sailing into the harbor.
Service is slow. Always slow. So slow you are certain you could do it faster yourself, from checking in, to making drinks, to checking out.
Skip the main restaurant and walk down to the beach for meals. You don't need the hotel buffet. Eating next to the water beats an indoor restaurant every time.
The main hotel has 3 pools, one of which is only for spa guests. It's a big rectangle with perhaps 20 chairs around it. The largest hotel pool sits above the ocean surrounded by chairs and cabanas. But my favorite pool was the smallest. It's off to the side, has a swim up bar, and has a great infinity ledge. If you get there early, you can score one of the five lounge chairs that actually sit in the water. Wonderful feeling to let your toes dip into the pool as the temp hits the high 80s.
Highly suggest 2 activities: sail on The Cat, a 50+' catamaran that docks at the hotel, and paddle board lessons. So great to be on the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. Our US Virgin Islands hotel in St. Thomas features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands