We arrived to the hotel in the morning and they did not have our rooms ready since their check in time was later. They told us our rooms would be ready by 2:30pm but in fact, they were not ready until 4pm (when they had their regular check in).
While we were waiting for our rooms, they suggested we eat at their Sunset Grille restaurant. After we were seated, it took over 20 minutes for the waitress to come over and ask us what we would like to drink. Not even if we were ready to order. The drinks never came. The waitress comes back 10 minutes later and then asks for our food order. 45 minutes later (75 minutes after we have been seated) our food finally comes out. We have still yet to receive our drinks. We glanced at the tables around us and people who came after us have already gotten their food and left. We complained to our waitress, and she said it’s out of her control and we should complain to the chef. Are we supposed to go into the kitchen and complain to the chef? It was totally uncalled for.
We finally get to our rooms and were satisfied by the size and appearance inside. However, the hallway of our rooms had about 4-5 cots just propped up again the side. The cleaning crew’s cart was also just sitting in the middle of the hallway. It was like this for 3 out of the 5 nights we stayed. The cleaning crew’s work left a lot to be desired. They did not clean the balconies at all during our entire stay. They also did not change our sheets daily nor did they pick up a towel that we had left on the floor. Also, they cleaned the rooms very late in the day. We came back to the room after lunch and the room still had not been cleaned.
Another issue we had was being able to get beach towels. Many times when we went to the station to get them, they had run out. We were leaving for an excision and needed them ASAP that they made us go to the spa and request some from there. The towels were a commodity and it should not be that way at a beach resort hotel.
The "CAT" catamaran snorkeling turtle cove excursion was close to awful. The main attraction was to be able to see turtles at the turtle cove. The crew members on the boat even said we would 100% see turtles on our snorkel. We did not see a single one. The crew on the boat never gave us snorkels or fins after asking multiple times. The trip was advertised to have snacks including hummus, cheese, and crackers, yet all they had was fruit and veggies without hummus, cheese or sauce. They claimed we could "order any drink" you wanted, but they only had beer and a rum punch as options. They also yelled at us to keep our original cups even when we were never given an original cup to begin with.
There were dead roaches and mosquitoes all over the resort. It made it feel it lacked of cleanliness.
The service overall at the resort was just disgustingly poor. When we checked in, we were told we received a gift of a few items to choose from. We had asked for beer and chips and were told it would be in the room shortly. We did not receive these gift until 3 days later after having to complain a few times. And when they finally did bring it up, they only gave it to one room. That created the need for us to make another call. It was like pulling teeth to get anything. The concierge was not well versed on the excursions and would defer us to the adventure desk. The adventure desk gave faulty information regarding the trips as well. Although, we did greatly enjoy our St John excursion trip, however that had nothing to do with the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands