We often stay at many Marriott locations during vacations with elite status. Out of all the Marriotts we've stayed at, this has been the dirtiest and the least maintained. It is very unclear as to where the $42 million renovation funds went! The children's activity center was closed since they claim to be fixing it. I checked it and there has been no sign of "fixing". Huge disappointment for our little one. The toddler fountain near the pool was off the whole week we were there. On the other side of the pool where the infinity pool spills over looked like thick urine and was not cleaned out. The hallways are all banged up and poorly patched with most doors looking so dingy. The room we were given faced the parking lot/front entrance. We could still see the ocean and I didn't really care anymore to have ocean view. The things that I do care about are vacuumed floors, cleaned bathrooms and working WIFI. None were provided! The entire time we were there, never vacuumed because there were large crumbs on the floor that my daughter dropped; bathroom floor was still dirty everyday and the WIFI barely worked with only one bar if you keep steady, otherwise none.
The customer service at Aqua Terra was horrible. We didn't realize that they close 15 mins before 11pm and was ignored the entire time as we stood at the entrance with my toddler and husband. The rude hostess named Judis responded to my husband with her chin up and didn't make any eye contact with us saying they are closed at 11pm (5 mins from then). Manners?! Please fire people that feel entitled to have jobs and not appreciate guests that pay for a bit of service.
There are some older folks with the housekeeping jobs that are very sweet and greet you. The room service lady that brought our sandwich from aqua terra (when we ordered pass 11pm) was very sweet.
The front desk guy named Curtis was kind enough to ask the manager to waive the daily resort fee for us since the WIFI never worked properly. They claimed to have no other rooms available to make us feel more comfortable so I didn't push for it. We'll deal with this dirty room for another 5 days. Sigh...
Overall, this felt like a mid level Best Western. No valet parking, in fact you walk for about 5 mins to/from parking lot that smells like feces. Lacking customer service (especially the night shifts). Balcony had peeling paint. Crib that was used for years that it doesn't lock in place. No children activities.
Not recommended, go elsewhere if these things bother you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. Our US Virgin Islands hotel in St. Thomas features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands