We asked for a beachfront unit and were told they were fully committed even though we are lifetime platinum members and I called 3 times in advance. If the foliage was cut back a bit on the patio I would almost consider this room a partial ocean view. The room is nice. Though it has 2 connecting doors to adjacent rooms and I can fully hear all conversations. We are 25 steps to the sandy beach. I think most reviews are of the main property or villas. If you want to be close to the ocean stay at Morning Star. The room has a small frig and separate ice maker. The staff is all friendly with exception to the restaurant Blue Havava. The waiter was smug and I felt we were an impassion to him. The food was good but not great as most reviewers have posted. The resort charges $35.00 a day as a fee but you do get free use of floats, boogie boards, kayaks and beach chairs with umbrella as well as Internet and bottled water daily. Coco Joes restaurant is a short walk down the beach from our building. I wish they offered the breakfast buffet during the summer like they do in season. Parking at the hotel has not been a problem but we seem to get the last open spot every time we return. We still have 3 more nights and I hope it continues to go well.
We rented a car since we wanted to explore all of the island. We shopped for snack food at K-Mart not far from the docks in town. Al Cohens discount liquor store is also nearby. Know your prices the rum was cheaper at K-Mart. Mixers and other items you may have forgotten can be picked up at K-Mart and very similar prices to mainland on most items. Plus duty free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands