My husband and I spent 5 nights at this property last week. I was in town on business, and my husband came along, as it was our anniversary week. Pros and cons are listed below.
The most friendly staff that I have encountered anywhere in the world.
Beautiful property and landscaping.
Breathtaking location, high atop a bluff, with stunning ocean, city and harbor views.
Easy and quick transportation options into town and beyond.
15 minutes from the airport.
Delicious food and drinks.
Beautiful room in the Seacliff tower.
Outstanding fitness and spa facility.
Very clean pools with comfortable lounge chairs.
Beautiful beach area.
Nice, grass tennis courts.
Convenient water shuttle to shopping area.
Very thorough cleaning of the room each day.
I paid for a deluxe water view room, and was given a first floor room with the water view largely blocked by trees and bushes. Front desk personnel refused to reaccomodate me. (I hold Marriott Platinum status).
I never received my complimentary Platinum rewards amenity that I was asked to select at check-in.
We were told that CoCo Joe's would have a prime rib and lobster buffet on Wednesday night. When we arrived for dinner, there was no such buffet.
CoCo Joe's was closed on Thursday night for a private event. This was our anniversary, and we really wanted to dine on the beach. We were forced, instead, to wait a very long time for dinner at another resort venue. We ordered surf and turf cooked to medium. When the food arrived much later, the steak was well done and the lobster was rubbery. Very disappointing anniversary meal!
On three mornings, the main breakfast buffet was closed to accommodate conference attendees. A smaller buffet was provided for the rest of the hotel guests in a less desirable location.
The outdoor restaurant above the main pool is overrun by birds that swoop in, looking for scraps, when diners leave their tables. The staff tries to shoo them away, but they still land on many tables. We were very concerned that the tables are wiped off only with a dry paper towel or napkin between diners. The tables should be sanitized after each party departs, given the constant landing of the birds.
The small restrooms above the main pool deck were never serviced during the days we were there. By noon each day, the trash bins were overflowing with paper onto the floors.
Elevator service in the Seacliff Tower was painfully slow.
Overall, I did not feel valued as a Marriott Platinum member.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands