The property was lovely and well-kept. The staff was super friendly and everyone was always smiling. Sadly it was not always the most efficient place - island time you know. Check in and Check out could be a bottleneck. They seemed to run out of towels - a lot and often for around 30 minutes. And it could be difficult getting a cab early in the morning if you needed to get out to the airport or to another dock to catch a boat for a day trip. Overall it was still a good stay.
The food at the resort was your average Marriott fare - OK but you may want to get off property from time to time. The pool is lovely but can get a little ugly right by the bar. Luckily it is a big area with spots away from the drunken wedding parties to relax. Again - the staff was always really friendly and helpful.
For rooms - it seemed like the ocean facing wing was probably the most quiet (not over the pool or any restaurants/bars) but my friend mentioned the water pressure was a little low. I was in a room with a view of the pool/bay. The balconies are totally worth the extra charge. And don't be alarmed by the giant iguanas. You leave them alone and they leave you alone.
Great things to do nearby: The Cat 1/2 day trip to swim with the turtles. It leaves right from the Marriott and the bay is really calm and easy to snorkel around. Lots of turtles to check out. Also the Breakaway trip to the Baths and BVI. It leaves from another marina and can be tricky to get a cab in the AM. You may want to arrange the night before to make sure you are on time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands