Gorgeous hotel. Full set of amenities and activities. Personal bad experience was with concierge Zogisle who said he liked to go to the beach with people like me and my husband - one who is fat, the other who is pasty white - so he looks thin and tan. Overlooking those horrendous words in our first hour here, the rest of our experience has been great.
1. St Thomas is very hilly and Frenchman's reef is a up and away, through very, very narrow & hilly roads. Only drive if you are a superb, fearless driver. Don't forget they drive on the "wrong side" of the road.
2. Iguanas everywhere. Marriott did a great job having iguanas relocated off the property, but they are all over st. Thomas.
3. Cab rides are cost per person
4. Give yourself extra travel time... Cabbies try to wait until their van or pickup truck is full...and then make multiple stops.
5. Gorgeous water. To see fish, crumble dog biscuit into the water.
6. Visit the Marriott adventure desk and talk to Allison.
7. Food (like all islands I've been to) is expensive. Havana restaurant was the priciest but the best.
8. Sunblock is a must... It may seem obvious but despite our efforts, we are both burned.
9. Restaurant service is friendly, but lack accuracy. (Husband ordered cheesecake, got key lime pie, asked for fruit instead of fries, got fries anyway, didn't order a coke but got one anyway, etc etc. No biggie but...yeah)
10. A waterfall is listed but is just for viewing off a deck.
Overall love the Marriott ... I feel safe, bug-free, and with plenty to do here. Hotel room is comfortable, the AC works well, the pools are clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. Our US Virgin Islands hotel in St. Thomas features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands