We were visiting St. Thomas for 3 nights and 4 days for a wedding and before we even stepped foot onto the grounds there were problems. We had paid for an ocean front room and so we were expecting an ocean front room. When our good friends arrived there an hour or so before us-they had confirmed that we had rooms near by to one another. Not only were our rooms not near each other-without our knowledge they completely moved our room-and not just to a room that wasn't ocean front-they moved us to the other building!!! Keep in mind this reservation was made back in July! My girlfriend got a hold of the manager to get this problem resolved which was not an easy task but was taken care of eventually. However there was no compensation offered for all the hassle that was experienced at the time.
All of the staff members in whom we came in comtact with (except for those at Havana Blue) were extremely rude! When we had called on our first evening there to inform someone that our shower wouldn't turn on and that we had no hot water we were told there was nothing that they could do! My husband had to fix the shower himself and we showered in luke warm water for 3 days. Not to mention all the bugs that came up the drain!! And the cockroach that was in our neighbors tub!
Overall we had a great time on the island and the food and service at Havana Blue was incredible. However if we make a return visit to St. Thomas chances are we will not be staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands