We were virgins to the Virgin Islands. This was a short 5 day 4 night trip. The check in was chaotic because of a wedding and the hotel was over sold. The rooms were not ready and only clean not spotless. Everyone was very friendly. We stayed at Morning Star which is awesome because you walk right out to the beach. Upside: friendly, lots of beach toys available, chairs and umbrellas.
Downside: Bar hosted the wedding but is not part of the hotel so at 11:45 when the band was STILL rockin we just had to put up with it. 12:30 the band was gone but the screaming and partying was still going on. Marriott lists all the wonderful things that come with your room from bottled water to beach toys but then on check out there is a $140 resort fee so nothing is really included in your room. They hold you hostage with CRAZY high prices. Travel/hotel on our trip was $3,000 and food and drinks was $3,000. THAT IS CRAZY!!!!
We will go back and might stay at the Marriott again but we would check out after 2 days and then check back in so we get a clean room again.
Its a good place-you won't be dissappointed - now that I have clued you in on the little secrets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Kognitiv US Corp, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands