We stayed at this resort on our way through St Thomas to the BVI. When we first arrived we thought that it was a beautiful resort - great views, nice staff, etc. We were upgraded to an ocean front room in the Frenchman's reef building overlooking the tennis courts. The view was great, and while the room and building were a bit outdated, we had a great night.
We paid in points, so it was perfectly fine for us, but we spent the greater part of our vacation on scrub island in the BVIs, and it was far superior to this resort. We also talked to someone else that mentioned this resort was @ $500 a night, so I can see why many people are disappointed in the reviews. For a bit more, you can stay at a resort that is far superior. Scrub Island is only a ferry ride away and definitely a better spend.
Also, we had the buffet breakfast, and at $25 a person it is definitely not worth it.
Also - the ferry ride down town was only $7 per person, cheaper than a taxi and worth it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands