The accommodation itself is actually very good. The rooms are very spacious and modern with all modern conveniences. The problem with this hotel is the food - it's awful. The breakfast buffet was assembled from ingredients of a lower quality. I had an omelet one morning which was really greasy and unappetizing.
Everything in the resort is expensive from the moment you arrive. The cost of the taxi from the airport to the hotel is charged on a per person and per suitcase basis! Whenever you take a taxi from A to B, you get charged per person and they're not cheap, so the costs soon add up such that you would do much better in the long run to rent a car from day 1 - they're actually quite cheap in this part of the world.
The dining options are extremely limited if you want anything other than fast food from the hotel. We live in New York City, so we like our food. On the hotel premisis, there was only one place that was acceptable to dine at "The Havana Blue" restaurant - it's easy to get to, the food is lovely, but it is very expensive (New York City prices).
The private beach of the hotel is very pleasant. We wouldn't go back to this place ever again as there are better places to go that offer better value without being so remote to the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands