We stayed at the MFR for 1 night before heading over to St John for 5 nights of island bliss. Upon entering the hotel, the lobby is open air and beautiful. They were having trouble with their computer system, so it took somne time to check in. The room was nice( not overwhelming, just nice), the shower was OK, the bed very comfy and the extra pillows were in the room as requested. There is very little soundproofing in the hotel, so the noise between rooms was really unacceptable to me.
The restaurants are pleasant. We ate lunch and dinner and then breakfast, all were OK ( the breakfast buffet was quite good)- although I don't know how people bring their kids and can afford the food prices. The restaurant servers were very friendly, but on island time.
The walkways to the beach, tennis courts,etc, need maintenance. The observation elevator area needed some upkeep as well. I got a splinter in my hand from the wooden railing, and then had to pay $5.95 for a small bottle of peroxide in the gift shop. It was a treat to be able to get ice cream, coffee, smoothies in the gift shop though.
We walked aorund the grounds and felt that the MS side would be more to our liking- fewer children, less of a resort feel, the scale of MS seemed to appeal more to a seasoned traveler looking to relax. For future planning, we would just go to St John rather that stopping over in St Thomas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands