My husband and I--veteran cruisers--took one of our first land vacations in nearly 25 years. Frenchman's Reef was a wonderful holiday break. Our waterfront room looked out over where the cruise ships docked for a glorious view and the room itself was clean and spacious. Lunch at Sunset Grill was wonderful, as was Blue Havana and the hotel's sumptuous breakfast buffet with an omelet station, french toast, pancakes and more. Yes, a bit pricy to eat on the property but worth every penny. What really impressed us was the warmth and friendliness of the staff. Reading reviews here, there seemed to be a lot of complaints about the staff and we didn't see a bit of that. We tipped the woman who cleaned our room when we discovered she'd be taking Christmas Eve off...and received A THANK YOU NOTE! So charming.
The $7 boat to Charlotte Amalie was an enormous convenience and the captains of these little shuttles were part captain/part tour guide. While taxi fares are comparable to what's charged for the boat, you can't beat the scenic sail.
One negative (and it didn't really bother us) is that it is a rather sprawling property so it's quite a distance from the beach to the main hotel. Also, the hotel is building a new dock for the sboat to Charlotte Amalie but right now, the dock is at the Cove, so if you opt to walk back to the hotel after shopping, it's a lot of up hill and steps. You can, however, call the shuttle which appears in moment for the ride back.
Another negative is don't even think of using the business center for the internet. Spent about 10 minutes waiting for a connection and never did access my personal or work email. A one-time problem? I think not. Frenchman's Reef allows guests to print their boarding passes for return flights for free. The same non-connect happened then. I phoned for assistance and someone arrived in minutes but she wasn't successful either so, instead, she brought me into their offices to print the boarding passes. Just bypass the business center entirely and go to the wonderful internet cafe down the street from The Greenhouse Bar/Restaurant in Charlotte Amalie. Quick and super cheap!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands