“Best excursion!”

Britton, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best excursion!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We LOVED our snorkeling excursion! Swimming with the turtles was the best! Jim, Steve and Jordan were hysterical:) Our kids had a wonderful time and us adults LOVED The rum punch on the trip back. We will definetly cruise again with Disney and will plan this excursion again!

Arlington, Texas
“Best excursion there is in St Thomas!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've done the Doubloon 6 times now via Disney Cruises dating all the way back to 2001. Every single time it has been one of the best highlights of my cruise...the crew is AWESOME; they take care of every single detail on board and always make everyone feel comfortable. The equipment is always clean, and they do a great job getting everyone fitted, especially all of the little ones. As for the snorkeling, at least on this trip, it was phenomenal. We had turtles everywhere, sting rays...and even a massive barracuda lurking in the deeper water. Of course, the rum punch on the way back certainly isn't bad either, and they are not stingy with the rum!!!! By far it's the best excursion at St. Thomas, and a "must do" for all ages...extremely family friendly!

Visited October 2013
Newnan, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun adventure for all”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We met our tour guide Tessa on the pier of the cruise ship. We walked down and around the pier where our pirate boat, The Silent Lady, awaited us. We boarded (about 45 people I wold guess) and we were greeted by Captain Dave and pirate Larry. We took about a 40 minute ride to Turtle Cove, with the sails up and Tessa pouring plenty of water. It was Hot the day we went. Once we arrived we were instructed that we could stay in a group or explore on our own. We chose to be on our own. We saw a number of turtles, a sting ray, conch, and a few other fish. We really enjoyed ourselves. When we felt we hd enough we boarded he boat. We were given a choice of beverages. We Chose alcoholic ones. They were not forced on us. The drinks were free flowing. The crew waited for every pirate to climb aboard at their own pace. No rushing, no demands so each person could enjoy the excursion at their own pace. Once aboard we headed back, laughing and drinking. We were tattooed and had a wonderful time. We made multiple new friends we hung out with for the remainder of our cruise. We also bought T-shirts, because we had such a great time. I would definitely recommend this adventure.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“could be great, but the "mermaid" was irresponsible and impatient”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went on this blackbeard snorkeling activity with my entire family hoping to bring them a great experience for the first time. The boat ride was cool because we are one a cool pirate ship, however, the equipments they provide were poor. My flippers didn't fit initially so I asked for another pair, but the lady kept giving me the same pair or a pair that's way way smaller (kid's size). I already told her that I just need a size down, and she kept giving me the wrong size and acted if I was being unreasonable asking for sizes so many times. (DUH if you kept giving me the wrong one of course I'll ask for). At the end I had to settle for a really tight fit one (cuz the next size up they have just falls right off me when i get in the water) that cuts my circulation to the point that it gives me pain. The mask they have was old and tubing was bent, so even if you bite hard water still leaks in from mouth piece. They didn't have the liquid that you can put on the mask so it just keeps fogging up.
When we got down the water, they asked us to put on our flippers when we get into the water. This was a terrible idea since it's hard to put on especially if you can't swim well (that's half of my family). The worst thing is, the "mermaid" who was suppose to bring us to see the turtles didn't even wait until everyone got into the water and she just called once and swam away. We couldn't find her the entire time. Some of us who got left behind tried to ask the remaining captain on the ship, but he just told us to explore around. At the end when we finally found our "mermaid" it was already almost time to get back on the ship and we couldn't swim too far anymore.
We paid a lot of money with horrible equipments and very irresponsible mermaid who was impatient towards first time snorkelers. The only thing she did well was pouring drinks for people on the ship. And I guess because she thought I was annoying before for keep asking different sizes, she ignored me the entire trip back. What kind of an attitude is this?????
The only thing that kept me away from giving 1 star is at least the other guide was nice and entertaining. Turtle cove is a beautiful place, yet our experience was poor.

3 Thank Wenwbaby
Walt Disney World, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Must-do experience!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Snorkeling in the Caribbean is one of those 'must do' kind of adventures on a cruise. What sets the Doubloon Pirate Ships cruise excursions apart, is the staff. We had such a wonderful time, laughing, learning (drinking!) that to say this is just a snorkeling adventure, would be just a part of the adventure. We were surrounded by sea turtles a minute or two after dropping into the water (next time, I will remember not to laugh and let my mask fill with seawater!) The wildlife was so friendly.

Our guide constantly dove down to search for conch, urchins, loose debris or skeletons, and spoke briefly of the ecosystem, and let us explore on our own. He was always ready to answer questions, point something out, or go on a dive-and-search mission for a wayward camera (tether, please, folks, those turtles are talent, not photographers!)

For me, what separated this excursion out from the handful of others, was the laughter. Some of us were treated like crew, rigging sails, pouring drinks, helping others get onboard or off, which enhanced the experience. The bartenders poured (very) liberally. Coming back into port, I noticed one thing that the other ships did not have - laughter. We were the rowdiest boat in the bay, and it was not just my family thanking the ship for a great time at sea.

Visited April 2013