“Arrrggh! We had a bloody good time on the Doubloon!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubloon Pirate Ships

Doubloon Pirate Ships
Tecumseh, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Arrrggh! We had a bloody good time on the Doubloon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Can't say enough about the great time we had on the Doubloon again this year! Captain Jim, Steve, and Jordan were terrific! The sailing, the snorkeling, the tattoos, the rum punch...It was ALL good! This was our "3-peat" on the Doubloon and we have never been disappointed. Definitely, this is always the best excursion of our cruise! Kudos to the crew for making it so much fun!

1 Thank Rick R
Bert R, Owner at Doubloon Pirate Ships, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
3-peat!! We love repeat offenders. Thanks for the great review. This might go without saying, but come see us again the next time you are here. We will keep the rum drinks cold for you!!

Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Silent Lady: Captain Jason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Jason, Darrin and Christie did a fantastic job making this a fun, safe and memorable trip. Really went the extra mile to hustle and make the passengers comfortable and the experience fun. Well done and carry on!!

1 Thank Cuda19
Bert R, Owner at Doubloon Pirate Ships, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and great review. I will let the crew know you had a good time. come see us again soon!
Napoleon, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snorkeling from a pirate sail boat! Fun for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

From the time we boarded, the staff was super helpful and friendly! Captain Jim, Pirate Steve and Jordan truely love what they do and it shows! Interactive, informational, and FUN! We were able to help raise and lower the sails, enjoy the view and snorkel with turtles and a small reef loaded with fish! During the fun I somehow and lost my purse with all of my cash, ID, passport, etc and had not even missed it, when Steve came and delivered it so I could get back on my ship! He insisted it was no trouble and refused an extra tip! How much better can that get?

1 Thank Deb B
Bert R, Owner at Doubloon Pirate Ships, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good time. I will let the crew know you had a good time as well. Thank goodness Steve was able to return your purse to you. Come see us again!!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun relaxing day with good snorkeling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We did the full day snorkel trip to Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach and had a great time. The day felt really relaxed - we didn't have to rush from place to place. We saw close to a dozen turtles in Turtle Cove as well as a sting ray and several large hermit crabs. We saw fish, too, but the turtles were the highlight. Then a casual bbq lunch and some beach time at Honeymoon Beach on Water Island. The captain and crew were fantastic - fun and friendly. The tattoos and photos were a riot. This was a great, full day trip for a very reasonable price.

1 Thank Minnesotagirl71
Bert R, Owner at Doubloon Pirate Ships, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you had such a great experience snorkeling with the turtles and hanging out on Honeymoon Beach. Come see us again soon.
Gainesville, FL USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic snorkel trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The most important thing to me and my husband was to see turtles, and this outing was a crew recommendation from the Freedom of the Seas. We took a schooner outfitted like a pirate ship on an approximately 45-minute sail to the cove. The schooner Silent Lady was a wonderful surprise, as we had expected only the generic catamaran that is so common on snorkeling trips.

The crew was terrific! I wish I could remember their names, but I can't, so I just want to say thank you to the two men and one woman who were crewing the Silent Lady on Jan 30, 2013. They were funny, interesting, knowledgeable about sea turtles, and they obviously care a great deal about these endangered creatures. Before we even dropped anchor, we saw turtles swimming, and once in the water, we were able to watch several graze underwater on the sea grass and get excellent video of them. An added bonus was the rum punch served on the trip home. :-)

I've been on a lot of snorkeling trips, but this was absolutely the BEST. It is important to note, however, that you must be comfortable in deep-ish water. Once you're in the water, you do not touch bottom or any piece of land or rock the entire time. You'll spend about an hour in the water swimming and snorkeling in anywhere from 10 to 20 feet of water.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Corky W
Bert R, Owner at Doubloon Pirate Ships, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I will let the crew know that you had a great time. We are very protective of our turtles. It is an awesome treat to see guests, such as yourself, interact with them. Come see us again soon, we will save you some rum drinks!!