“Best Tour, ever!!!”

Caribbean Historical Tours!
Ranked #22 of 40 Tours in Charlotte Amalie
More attraction details
Owner description: Caribbean Historical Tours! was established in the Virgin Islands in 1984. It is now a network of 20 tour guides in ten different islands. We are a quality tour provider that certifies our tour guides to ensure the quality of the tours we provide. They are trained to present the history of the Caribbean in a creative, interactive, engaging, and informative manner.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I booked this tour online and was a little worried about what we would get for a tour. I didn't need to worry!! Dawuud picked us up from the cruise and offered to buy us coffee and a blueberry muffin! We said that we had just eaten breakfast, but go ahead and stop for a coffee for yourself. We were the only 2 on the tour and he really did a good job; telling us all about the flora, fauna and history of St Thomas. At about 10:30 he asked if we would be interested in shopping downtown for about an hour while he tried to get more people for the rest of the cruise. We said great, we wanted to shop anyway. We had an hour to shop and then we got back on the tour (with 2 other couples) and he then took us by the airport and then stopped at a little restaurant. He then asked my husband and myself what we would want to eat; either a beef. chicken or fish patty. We decided to have beef and chicken and Dawuud went in and got them and didn't charge us. They were delicious!! Then back on the tour and it was great!!! Dawuud then stopped downtown so I could pick up my new ring and then he dropped off the other passengers at the pier. We had wanted to see the oldest Moravian church and so Dawuud then drove us back to see it and take pics. Dawuud was great, he would say; get your camera out, you'll want a picture. And he let us smell different leaves and taste cashew fruit. I would highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank AliceRandy

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I visited St. Thomas recently as a stop on our 7 day cruise. We met Dawuud in the shopping area and were convinced to take his tour by his easy personality and winning smile! We thoroughly enjoyed touring beautiful St. Thomas with Dawuud. He was very knowledgeable about the history of his beautiful island and we were also impressed by his knowledge of plants and flora and their medicinal benefits. We would definitely recommend the tour as a must for anyone that visits St. Thomas! Loved it!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were lucky enough to have caught this tour, Dawuud was great, very knowledgeable, friendly and always with a smile on his face. He truly cares for his clients, trying to make them have the best time possible. He even stopped the vehicle so that we could have a local beef patty as my group was very hungry.

1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We did the beach tour with our two teens. It was very informative with lots of historical information. Our guide was amazing and connected to the kids. This was our second time to st Thomas and I realized there was so much I didn't know. We got to get out and walk on lots of different beaches and compare them all. Coki beach was much too busy and lots of people hassling you to buy things. We decided to stay and swim at Sapphire beach and we really enjoyed it.. Wish we had asked to be picked up later though as 1 1/2 hours was a little short for our swim. Would do this tour again.

2  Thank debra321
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were thrilled with our experience with Dawuud! I'm going to sound like everyone else - he's very knowledgeable, and he wants to make sure you have a great experience. Since Sept is the slow season, we were the only couple on the bus. He could easily have cut it short, but instead, I felt like he went the extra mile. He showed us the entire island, including all the local plants and fruits, and let us have time for shopping and lunch. There's no comparison between this tour and the tours we got on the other 2 islands! I can't say enough good things about this tour!

1  Thank Linda B