“Awesome Experience!”

Virgin Islands Ecotours
Ranked #5 of 42 Tours in Charlotte Amalie
More attraction details
Owner description: VI Ecotours offers multi-eco kayak, hike & snorkel adventures in three locations: St Thomas’ Mangrove Lagoon, Historic Hassel Island in the Virgin Islands National Park in St Thomas’ Charlotte Amalie Harbor and at Caneel Bay in St. John’s Virgin Islands National Park. Half day and full day tours with lunch depart daily from each location. Paddling & snorkeling instruction provided. Easy to paddle, sit-on-top kayaks. Professional guides. Fun for beginners and families.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I visited ST. Thokmas with two of my friends on Thursday, June 6th 2013. We did the kayak on the Mangrove Lagoon follow by snorkel and a hike. The experience was awesome espcially during kayak because I never fully did kayak and enjoying the relaxation was amazing.
Our Tour guide, Shawn was amazing as well, very knowledgable and friendly!:-)

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"small group"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was my favorite excursion during our week on St. Thomas and the best value of anything we did while in the VI. In the course of three hours we did a little kayaking, a short hike, and a nice snorkle. Nothing too strenuous; just fun. Our guide was knowledgeable and we learned a lot about the mangroves, the dreaded manchineel tree, some shells, and aquatic life. Our hike on Cas Cay allowed us to see island scenery not reachable by car or foot. The snorkling was very good - lots of fish. This is a great excursion for little kids, teens, couples, friends, even seniors. Be sure to ask if you can receive a discount if you pay with cash. (Not only here, but most places on the VI's.) You can usually negotiate a 10% discount. Pay the extra for their photos and leave your camera at home for safety reasons. Wish I could include their photos here, but I don't have "ownership" of them. Trust me - it's beautiful.

1  Thank M B
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our tour guide, Travis, did a fantastic job of informing us on all the nature that was around us above and below on the hike, kayak and snorkeling. Plenty of times to refill your water bottle and grab a snack and apply some more sun screen. My wife and I had a fantastic time and we would recommend this adventure to anyone who is visiting St. Thomas near Mangrove Lagoon. Pricey but definitely worth it!!! You should call ahead so that you can have an idea on how big the group might be. We went in the afternoon and it was us and another couple. But we were told that the first group in the morning was a little bit bigger.

1  Thank Floyd B
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had a great time on our Kayak, Hike and Snorkel Tour with Eco Tours through the Mongroves. Our guides name was Travis (Young Legs) and he was very knowledgeable and patient with us and all of our silly questions. I would highly recommend this tour if you're traveling to St. Thomas or St. John.
Tammi & Bruce
Arvada, CO

See more reviews
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This excursion was better than expected. After a crazy bus ride up and down a narrow road we arrived at an pretty lagoon. We kayaked along mangroves to arrive at a beach with breathtaking views. Our guide, who was very knowledgeable and fun, then led us on a brief walk. The snorkeling was the best part for me, as I saw so many beautiful fish. Definately enjoyed myself and would recommend to anyone. Only regret was that I didn't bring my camera to capture the sights, but they provided a locked place for you to secure your things.

1  Thank sduclos