“Adventure, Education, History, and Great sights.”

Virgin Islands Ecotours
Book In Advance
More Info
$55.19*
and up
St Thomas Mangrove Lagoon Kayak and Snorkel Tour
Ranked #3 of 40 Tours in Charlotte Amalie
More attraction details
Owner description: VI Ecotours offers multi-eco kayak, hike & snorkel adventures in three locations: St Thomas’ Mangrove Lagoon, Historic Hassel Island in the Virgin Islands National Park in St Thomas’ Charlotte Amalie Harbor and at Caneel Bay in St. John’s Virgin Islands National Park. Half day and full day tours with lunch depart daily from each location. Paddling & snorkeling instruction provided. Easy to paddle, sit-on-top kayaks. Professional guides. Fun for beginners and families.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Adventure, Education, History, and Great sights.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Aubrey, Sean, and Sean were the best tour guides! Fantastic experience, the best cruise excursion I've ever been on. They were extremely knowledgeable, passionate about their work, and engaging with the tourists. They went above and beyond.

London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING TIME!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Derek was a fantastic guide and told us all about the local ecology and pointed out tons of different fish. I got so many great shots with my underwater camera. I highly recommend this tour!

1 Thank caustin89
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Great time with my kids!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Tried to take this tour as part of a cruise excursion back in November 2011, but weather prohibited us from continuing past the kayak leg of the tour. However, all of our money was refunded. That was very professional. When my son moved to St Thomas and we made plans to visit, I knew I wanted to go back and try again - and we were not disappointed. Beautiful day, fun loving, knowledgeable staff, lots of good tips. Staff made sure we were prepared and looked out for our safety all the way. I would recommend this to anyone who likes a taste of adventure but still wants time to do other things the same day.

San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mangrove Kayak and Snorkel St Thomas”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This outing was virtually perfect. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very informative. They got us into the kayaks pretty quickly given the numbers and then gave a very interesting overview of the ecosystem of the mangrove. Then snorkeling over some old ruins with many colorful fish, rays etc. Then a very enjoyable short hike before kayaking back. At one point while snorkeling the thought crossed my mind that there was absolutely nothing I would rather have been doing at that moment. It was that pleasant and relaxing.

2 Thank cuchulain9
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Awesome tour”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This tour was awesome. We were able to see a wide variety of life in their natural habitats. The scenery is breathtaking. Our guides, Jason and Zulu, answered every question we had about the mangroves, underwater life and the ecosystem. Lauralee, our photographer did an incredible job capturing photos of our afternoon. Be sure to bring an underwater camera with you to get your own special pictures, for those instances when you see something and the photographer is elsewhere. This is a tour I would definitely do again if I return to St. Thomas!