“Great Time with Ike Witt Charters”
Review of Ike Witt Charters - CLOSED

Ike Witt Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Caribbean Sailing and Snorkeling Adventure!Sail aboard the yacht Ike Witt and experience Caribbean sailing at it's finest! Spend the day on and in the beautiful turquoise waters of the Virgin Islands. Full day, Half Day, and Sunset sailing adventures available. All trips include delicious food, open bar, and snorkeling gear. Cruise passengers welcome! Come join us for the best day of your Caribbean Vacation!
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Time with Ike Witt Charters”
Reviewed April 29, 2009

This was the highlight of our cruise (Norwegian Dawn - April 11th - April 18th.) I was traveling with my fiance and another couple - we arrived at the American Yacht Harbor around 10am and met up with Denise, who took us to the boat. Denise and Adam make you feel right at home. The scenery is fantastic, and they know the best spots for sight-seeing and snorkeling. Make sure to ask them for samples of the "really blue water" - that joke gets a lot of mileage!

They made us island drinks all day, chicken ceasar salad, dessert and fresh fruit. I must say that Denise's food presentation was unexpectedly great! You would expect a beautifully cut fruit plate on a sailing excursion (at least I didn't) and she really added that extra touch.

Overall, the slightly extra cost (compared to a regular ship excusion) is WELL worth it, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Cheers,
Dan Lake

1 Thank Danls1

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Authentic sailing experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Just went yesterday with Captain Adam and Denise for a sail over to St John. Fantastic time!!! Complete custom trips available, it's your day if you know where to go, if not they will take you to amazing places. 6 max on the boat at once so none of that crowded ferry-like stuff you see on some other boats. My family of four had great food and drink and some great snorkeling. It's like sailing with your friends for the day, very comfortable and genuine. We will definitely call Ike-Witt the next time we are here. Thanks Adam and Denise.

New Haven CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quite the Snorkeling Affair!”
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I absolutely loved my experience on the Ike Witt. For my birthday, we booked the impressive vessel for a party of 6 and as the title suggests, we had an absolute blast!

Being an avid snorkler myself, I was up to the task of teaching my friends who were a bit hesitant about our trip at first. But Captain Adam was an great instructor and made everyone feel at ease, all I had to do was sit back and relax. He made even the most beginner adventurers feel safe and insured everyone had fun. Having just my party on the boat made the experience very intimate and to top that off we were able to completely tailored the schedule of our adventure. The Captain was very knowledgeable about the island and very flexible , it was our day he kept saying!

Our Ike Witt experience truly wound up being one of the greatest day of our vacation. The captain provided all the necessary equipment for my friends and entertained us with tales of the sea as well as many of the intricacies of the Caribbean, only a pro would know. What added to the memorable experience was that we were able to experience it in an intimate setting with only our group and the care and attention our captain gave us is quite rare. Not only was I there with just my crew, we were all felt like the part of the sailing crew indeed! Having experienced some of the big craft trips, I certainly appreciate the one of a kind experience you get when you sail the Ike Witt!

1 Thank lolita40
North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great day sailing”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We really enjoyed our sail on the Ike Witt. My husband got some instructions in sailing on our wonderful sail over to Whiskey Cay. The snorkeling was amazing - lots of fish and beatiful coral. We have really nice food (a special request since we are picky eaters). After we snorkeled, we went to Little Cinnamon Beach which was a beautiful beach. Adam and Robert were wonderful - very attentive and anticipating what we needed before we even thought of it. The stories were great and very entertaining.

The Villages, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“The Best Sailing Experience in St. Thomas”
Reviewed December 9, 2007

My mom & I were in St. Thomas for her 60th b-day, and even though the other 6 days were fabulous, our very best day was the one that we were fortunate enough to spend with Captain Pat on his boat, the Ike Witt. We chartered it privately, so it was just the 3 of us. What a wonderful day! Captain Pat was right on time to pick us up, and made sure that we were always having fun and always kept the good conversation flowing. He is such an interesting guy to chat with, that you're practically guaranteed a wonderful day. One of the best parts of the trip was when he went snorkeling with me and my mom, and would show us the star fish, turtles, trunk fish, etc. He knew all the great places to go, and got us there long before the 'cattle call' boats with 40-60 people would show up. The lunch (chicken ceasar salad) was wonderful, and the salad dressing was homemade. Also, he set out a nice fruit plate before lunch, and mid afternoon, served up **homemade** pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting. There is also an open bar on the boat, and his rum punch is fabulous! My mom just glows when she tells people about her experience. We are already planning our next trip to St. Thomas and Capt. Pat will most definitely be on our agenda. He is NOT to be missed!

2 Thank Angiet2