Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Solo trip to celebrate sending my daughter off to college

This trip was in early summer 2014. Treated myself to a 3 day get away to celebrate sending my... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2019

from $154.99
from $185.00
from $120.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

This trip was in early summer 2014.
Treated myself to a 3 day get away to celebrate sending my daughter off the college. The stay was perfect from beginning to end. From the gorgeous uniformed man at the entrance to the resort who called out “Welcome to paradise Ms. Malveaux” as the driver shuttled me onto the resort property, to the basket of fruit and chocolate that awaited me in the room, to the spa day, and lots of the luxurious pool and hammock time, to entire trip served rejuvenate me and affirm the new season of life I was entering.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed April 27, 2017

Best stop on our trip. We don't often stay at a Ritz but I highly recommend spending the extra money for this place. Festival was going on ... so we had no choice and am I ever Happy! It is on a very remote part of St. Thomas with not much around it ... but beautiful views. Worth the drive. You won't ever have to leave. Everything is available from the Resort. Swimming, (pool or ocean), sailing, para skiing, boating, kayaking, wind surf, SUP ... everything. Restaurants were very good and bars were phenomenal. The only downside to the excellent food was the lack of quality wines (but I found that in all of the Virgin Islands).

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank P7832RNmikes
Reviewed April 10, 2017

This hotel was fantastic!! Other reviews we read before traveling said it is the best hotel on the island. Having not been at many others I can;t say for sure, but it certainly lived up to the reputation of Ritz-Carlton. The service was A++, the rooms were A+ and the dining was A-. (The main reason the dining could be better has to do with the pre-dinner bread. It came out cold and was a B-. The other courses were A).

They has super friendly staff that were great with children as well. They really made us feel welcome all the time.

This hotel is not for the partying crowd which was perfect for us.

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank Taha S
Reviewed January 26, 2017

After spending 4 days at the Ritz in St Thomas I just don't understand what's wrong with other resorts.

Of course the place was luxurious and the staff super friendly - we expected that. It's the little things that really made a difference.

There were so many available and free beach toys for the kids to use. This is a really cool feature because people want to pack light and not spend $20 and 45 minutes taking a cab to get plastic buckets and shovels.

They would often have someone going around with free ice pops or warm cookies for the kids (they would push them on the parents too) which they loved. At night during the movie (could watch while in the pool) they passed around popcorn.

One need only swim a few minute from the beach to encounter gorgeous reefs for snorkeling - gear also available along with kayaks and other water activities.

We arrived around 630pm and of course the first question we asked the front desk was "what time do the pools close?"

They don't! Want to hit the hot tub at 1am? You can! Kids aren't ready for bed at 930 after a long day in the sun and want to go swimming? Sure!

I will say this though. This resort is perfect if you are older or with younger people. Definitely not a party place which was perfect for us.

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank Elansokol
Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

The service at the Ritz Spa is remarkable. Such a relaxing experience. Best Facial I've had to date. Will definitely be returning.

Date of experience: December 2016