“Delicious and unique treat!”

Virgin Islands Ice Cream Company
Ranked #6 of 8 Dessert in St. Thomas
Description: Ice cream parlor with 16 flavors, sundaes, floats, and banana splits. Tropical flavors such as coconut and mango sherbet. Try our vegan mango-passionfruit!
United States
“Delicious and unique treat!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I love ice cream. So when my mom and I happened upon this place, I was thrilled. It's just off the waterfront in a neat old building. Vivian was so friendly, funny and welcoming. It's unique in that it's Danish, so it's not as sweet as ice cream on the U.S. mainland, and it has more flavor and less sugar. My mom had the coconut and I think what I had was called sweet black cherry. Regardless of the name, it was so good. My only regret is that we found this gem about 2 hours before heading to the airport so we were only able to enjoy the treat once. Next trip, I think I'm going to try the gammeldags, which sounded decadent from Vivian's description.

• Visited May 2014

Reston, Virginia
“Delicious !”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Delicious ice cream !
Tucked away in one of the cute alleys off the harbor. Really cool old building dating back to the 1800s.
Loved the coconut ice cream as well as the mango.
Sooooo glad we stopped in there. Had great chat with the owner and will definitely go back and try more flavors.

• Visited June 2014
Rochester NY
“unbelievably good!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

After watching the children's parade at Carnivale, we saw the sign for the Virgin Islands Ice Cream Co. and decided to give it a try. We were so glad we did! Vivianne, the owner and creator of all of the wonderful flavors, told us about how she started up the shop in January. Each of us tried a different flavor and no one was disappointed. Along with the delicious ice cream, the prices are very reasonable, especially for this island. Close to several restaurants, it's a great place to go for a bit of sweetness after a meal.

• Visited May 2014