“New Horizons Snorkel Adventures”

New Horizons Day Sail
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
St John Snorkel Tour aboard New Horizons and...
More attraction details
Owner description: This is an excellent, all inclusive day-sailing excursion to the National Park in St. John. This trip includes a premium open bar (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), Continental breakfast, two excellent snorkel and swim stops, a hot Italian gourmet lunch, and snorkel equipment & instructions (for the first-timer). Departure is from the Sapphire Marina at 10:00am and return via a very relaxing sail into the marina at 4:00pm.
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My wife and I went on a New Horizons day sail and snorkel adventure last week out of the Sapphire Beach Marina. The weather was the worst we had during our week on ST Thomas with some rain and all clouds, but the trip was still great!!

Because of the weather a "tent" was over the mainsail boom and the main sail could not be used, but I was amazed how well the boat sailed on its jib alone, and the snorkeling was awesome. Our fellow passengers were friendly, pleasant shipmates and the crew was the best. Captain Marcus and First ,and only, Mate John knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and just knew how to make the trip enjoyable despite the weather.

If I am back in St Thomas, I will try to go with them again.

Wendell Coleman

in 7 reviews
"well worth the money"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed May 27, 2010

Crew of three took 37 of us out for the day. Friendly, knowledgeable crew; great lunch and plenty of it; they served drinks throughout, and had a cooler of beer and soda if you couldn't wait till they fixed you one. Stopped twice for an hour+ for snorkeling--plenty of colorful fish, a stingray, and beautiful water. I was a first-time snorkeler, and rented a prescription mask from Red Hook Dive Shop nearby ($15 for a day), which really made the trip for me; I have lousy vision and had never been able to see underwater before. They said there would be plenty of room with only 37 clients on board, but I don't think it would have been as much fun if there were many more -- not many more places to sit comfortably or get out of the sun if you wanted. Highly recommend the trip.

Reviewed May 27, 2010

One of my disappointments was that the snorkeling was not guided. I know how to snorkel but it is always better when someone who knows the locale shows it to you instead of you circling around trying to find a good spot. Also some of the instructions could have been a bit more detailed and reef friendly I guess, because there were few novices who ended up damaging reefs :-( Other then that the crew was very friendly and attentive, the lunch was delicious. So if you are looking not for much snorkeling but for a huge crowd of strangers to meet and mingle while sailing it is the charter for you!

Reviewed May 14, 2010

It was a fabulous day! The boat was beautiful, and the crew....they were awesome!! Friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and extremely hard working! They made the day a memorable one. Everything was perfect and far exceeded our expectations.