“New favorite burger on island!”

The Tap & Still Redhook
Ranked #7 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Food is so quick and so good. Everything comes out perfect, and Allison and Alex are amazing at what they do and keep me coming back all the time... great idea with this place.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Saw rave reviews for this restaurant, so thought I'd give it a try. I love a good burger every now and then, and was very disappointed with burger from Tao and Still.

First of all, they don't ask how you want it cooked, so even though I wrote on my order that I wanted it cooked medium, it was well done. I am dying for a less cooked burger, but they're almost impossible to get here.

The burgers are not flame broiled or charcoal grilled which is how I like my burgers. I can do skillet/griddle burgers at home, so I want a flamed burger when I go out.

The bread/bun they use is the best part of the burger. Haven't seen those anywhere else on island.

Their service made me nervous, because they kept bringing me updated receipts after I had paid for the first meal but ordered more drinks afterward, instead of ringing them up separately. They should have asked if we were done instead of assuming we were done. I really didn't feel comfortable with that especially since credit card fraud has been in the news so much lately.

Definitely won't go back.

6  Thank Ms411
Reviewed February 3, 2014

A bartender where we were staying recommended the Tap and Still for great food and drinks at a reasonable price. We were not disappointed. Burgers are ordered by selecting and circling what you want on them on a sheet of paper at each table. They are then prepared and brought to your table in brown paper bags. Fun atmosphere, right on the harbor and lots of activity with a lively group of locals coming and going. Next time we're going to try the veggie burger. Sounded great, but we were in the mood for regular burgers.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Went there for the first time and the cheeseburger was good and so were the fries. The burger was not overcooked or dry which is hard to find around here. It is the closest thing to fast food here. Fast, easy, and the price is right.

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

The Tap & Still is one of the best things to happen to red hook and STT in a long time. Best burgers on island as well as a fun nighttime crowd with a DJ once a week. Great atmosphere and lots of different beers. You have to check this place out and fill your belly! Yum!