“Family of Four...”
Review of Golden Age Ranch

Golden Age Ranch
Ranked #53 of 227 Tours in St. Thomas
More attraction details
Owner description: Golden Age Ranch (GAR) is a 501 (C)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing shelter, care, and rehabilitation services for abandoned and unwanted horses. The majority are thoroughbreds coming from our local racetrack. GAR offers beach/trail horseback riding tours. We limit our groups to six for more a more personal experience. However we can take more for one group. The rate is 85.00 For a two hour ride and lesson if needed. We do not take children under 12 unless very experienced. All proceeds from the rides go towards the care and maintenance of our 18 horses now in residence. We are the only riding facility on St. Thomas.
Paris, France
“Family of Four...”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Had an awesome time with Jesse, he accomodated my 5, and 8 yr old in addition to making it an awesome time for my husband and myself... Great job Jesse hope to see you next time as well... my daughter wants her own horse for the next.... Take care!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous experience!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Brought my husband in this one. He's not an experienced rider but Jesse had him riding in no time. We loved seeing the different plants & animals on the ride in the forest. The horses were gentle & calm. We rode through the forest to the beach. It was beautiful coming out of the woods onto one of the most pristine beaches in St. Thomas. Jesse is truly passionate about what he does and we really enjoyed listening to him talk about the island and the horses. I recommend this for anyone looking for something different and fun. It's only 2 hours so you have time to do something else in the afternoon. I highly recommend this one!

1 Thank Pinecreek1234
Parma, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My wife and I have been married over 30 years and we've done some horseback riding but never on the beach so we just had to do this. Words cannot describe what it is like to be sitting on a horse while it is standing in the water and waves are coming at you. You can tell the horses enjoy it just as much if not more than the riders. This group is doing a wonderful thing for these horses and for us it was a privilege to be riding here. Worth every dollar. Jesse James is a very patient and outstanding guide and has a close rapport with the horses. The scenery is beautiful and we highly recommend this activity.

Greg & Karen
April 4, 2014

1 Thank crisplays
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bragging rights.”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Thought this would be something my mom would enjoy, and it was one of the cheaper attractions on island. I didn't know I was signing up for something so spectacularly memorable. How many people do you know that can say they've been horseback riding on a beautiful white sandy beach? They also make it enjoyable for newbies (me and my mom), as well as educational. Not only are you getting a great experience, these people are rehabilitating horses that have been mistreated and unloved. So you're getting bragging rights, cheap educational fun, and you're contributing to something good. 5/5 would do it again.

1 Thank Whpb8d
Morgan Hill, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Golden Experience”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Riding horses on the beach was a bucket list for this romantic. My husband and I rode with a group of 4 others. From the start " Jesse James' as he calls himself was a very experienced, professional, knowledgeable, outstanding guide. He taught us so much about the horses, the vegetation, the history of the island and the importance of preserving it all. We were beyond thrilled with the ride to the beach and all we learned a long the way. This was a perfect " YOLO" experience we will never forget!! This is a must for the adventuresome young at heart and be prepared to pay with cash. No plastic accepted

2 Thank Veronica P