“Honest staff and not pushy”
Review of Ballerina Jewelers

Ballerina Jewelers
Ranked #4 of 93 Shopping in St. Thomas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ballerina Jewelers - St. Thomas is a family-owned fine jewelry store that brings your dream to life. Established in 1986, our goal is to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction and to provide our clients with the best quality and value in the jewelry industry. We are the leading source for loose diamonds of all shapes and sizes, including natural fancy yellow and colored diamonds. Ballerina Jewelers also offers a large selection of beautifully crafted diamond semi mount rings for you to set your dream diamond. Let your fingers do the walking! When you shop at Ballerina Jewelers, you’re a part of our family.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My Husband and I were spending time before we went scuba diving in St Thomas and ran across this small little store. Staff very friendly, offered cold drinks free on a hot day and allowed us to relax and enjoy looking. I found a beautiful blue diamond ring but did not want to take it diving and I was still uncertain on the purchase. Anna from the store kept the ring aside and we returned after our diving excursion. The price was a little more than we could allow but the stored worked with us and I was able to purchase the ring I wanted at a very fear market value. I highly recommend this store.

2  Thank Felicia R

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the only place we will stop and purchase Jewels :). It just so happens we actually stumbled into this fabulous place back in 1997. Our first cruise and we have been returning almost every year since. Unbeatable quality and prices. Service is always outstanding and the friendliest staff. We always find the most unique and amazing items to purchase. James, Danny and the family always have something I'm interested in and I look forward to each visit. Heading back next year to look for my new piece of jewellery.

1  Thank Missy2206
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We happened upon this jewelry store during a cruise about seven years ago. A fellow passenger had raved about it. We stopped by to browse. We didn't intend to buy anything. The person who helped us could tell we were just browsing, yet continued to treat us like their most important customer ever! The sales associate explained that they did not work on commission so there was no pressure to sell anything! We tried on beautiful jewelry...it was a blast. I showed off the jewelry to the other customers...it was almost a party atmosphere because most of the customers there had been repeat customers...some for the past twenty years! We were offered beverages repeatedly and encouraged to shop for as long as we liked. I fell inlove with an eternity band...all diamond...magnficent! Yet, we walked away without purchasing it. I went store to store...and found that the prices at the other stores were sooo much higher for an inferior product! And all those high pressure sales techniques! Hubby convinced me that I deserved that beautiful diamond ring. When we arrived back to Ballerina, they had the ring put away in the back for me! The designer of the wring came out to meet me! I felt like such a celebrity...for such a small purchase!
The woman next to us had purchased over sixty thousand dollars of jewelry...and I was treated as special as she was! I get so many compliments on my ring....the diamonds are magnificent! Since then, we have been back with the whole family...from a simple seiko watch for our son to a diamond tennis bracelet for me! No purchase too big or too small! We now purchase all our jewelry from Ballerina on line! We call, they ship it, and they guarantee every product. They have done repairs and even exchanged products through the mail! Just be prepared...once you purchase from Ballerina...you are now a member of the family! From christmas cards to facebook friends, you are family.
PS...We also stopped in St Maarten on this cruise and received the same treatment in their stores there! Spent a little more money there too! All the Ballerina stores are family owned so we met all the owners and cousins etc who were all sales associates. We will be calling during the holidays...got my eye on a new necklace!!! When you go, tell Varsha and James that Evan and Lisa sent you!

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Ballerina Jewelers is my first place to stop in St Thomas. The best quality and selection I've seen. Their customer service is outstanding. Two years ago I bought a black diamond cocktail ring. That night on board the cruise ship I noticed one of the diamonds was missing. When I returned home I called and they walked me though their repair service. The ring was shipped to NYC. Ballerinas called me and emailed me to give me a status. I knew exactly when the ring was on route back to me. My only expense was insuring the ring as I shipped it out. Don't fall for the cruise lines recommendations for jewelry stores. Make Ballerina Jewelers your first stop. I've been back there many times since!

1  Thank karkiks
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Absolutely the best shopping experience while on vacation. Don't be fooled by the "cruise approved" shops, venture out and go see Varsha and James. From watches to rings, the selection is unmatched, the quality cannot be beat and the prices make buying easy. The best part is the people. Varsha and James treated us like family from the very first time we entered the shop. Being from Philadelphia only made the bond better as their son was attending Wharton at the time.
They educated us on diamonds, fed us lunch when we were hungry and made sure we purchased wisely. No pressure, no hassle, they even let my wife walk outside with the diamonds to see them sparkle in the amazing St Thomas sun! We were so impressed, we even took my in-laws the next time we vacationed there, and yes we bought more, who could resist...service, smiles and family, the best shopping experience ever...and if you are in St. Maarten visit them there too...same great family, Raj is awesome and the watch selection was even more amazing!

1  Thank Eroc7316