“Great Sunday brunch and dinner too!”
Review of Simply Italian - CLOSED

Simply Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Simply Italian is just that, simple great Italian food. We are making a varitey of different sauces, along with our own selection of pastas, forming our pork and beef meat balls by hand, slicing our own premium meats, and using the best, and most fresh, seafood available to us. We are also using as much local produce as possible. Our friends at Green Mountain Farm on the north side of the island are growing the majority of our herbs and greens used in our cooking and our drinks. Please joing us for dinner. Reservations recommended at (340) 77 SAUCE.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Sunday brunch and dinner too!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The service here is wonderful, very friendly staff. Their chicken picatta is amazing!! But even better is the Sunday Brunch. The specials change every time, and I had blackberry pancakes, which were very yummy!! Another special treat is that before your meal they bring out a chef compliment of a small sampling in a little spoon. A pleasant little treat while waiting for your meal!

• Visited January 2014

Albany, New York
“great food, great view, great service”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Very pleased with menu, food & service. Had early bird specials before 6PM that were 3 courses plus complementary Mojito sample & a Chef special tasting. I went here with my local family so you know that this is a well kept secret treasure.

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Real NY/NJ Italian in St. Thomas”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Of course, owners Paul and Dan are from New Jersey and NY. Food was excellent and service by our server Corinne was very good and professional. Very good wine selection and some nice touches including complimentary Mojito of the day sample and a chef small salmon dish. Owner Paul was very appreciative for our visit and spent time telling us about the Virgin Islands. A very nice dining experience.

Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettably delectable!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Wow! If there was one eating experience to write about in the last year of my life, this is it!!
I was intrigued by the other reviews, and partially made my decision to stay at Magen's Point Resort based on the reviews for Simply Italian. Amusingly, a friend of a friend also randomly told us we had to try this (of all restaurants on the island) without even knowing we would be staying there. First, the bad: we wanted to eat outside, but people from the next door bar were smoking. Not the restaurants fault, but still a bummer.
The positive: absolutely everything else!!! We were brought out 2 amuse-bouches tasters from the kitchen. Prosciutto something, which was nice, but eclipsed by the rest of the meal. And also a basil infused pineapple rum based mojito that I ended up ordering!
For starters we had the amazing Roquefort cheesecake with mult different dipping sauces-- yummmm! Then we had calamari. Perfectly good, but nothing exceptional. Then the fresh organic island greens. I'm not even a salad person, but we literally scraped the bowl to get the last greens! And the beef carpaccio- also divine! Note: one of the diners I'm talking about was a 10 yr old girl! NOTHING was left of our appetizers when we were done, they were that good! My husband got the penne pasta and meatballs, which he loved. My daughter loved the meatball she shared with him. She and I shared a linguine di mare: delicious garlicky sauce over perfectly cooked fresh-made linguini, mussels, clams and shrimp. My mouth is watering as I type!!
For dessert, we were very full, but knew we needed to try regardless. We got the most amazing, piping hot super fresh and divinely inspired apple fritters with caramel sauce. And a lavender sea salt maple syrup cheesecake.
Honestly, I would go back to st thomas just to eat here again!! It was that good. And we are foodies who live in Chicago with access to some of the best restaurants in the world. (Eg Alinea, Next, etc) Promise this place will not disappoint! Ambiance was also beautiful, and I wish I'd ordered a bottle of wine so that I could decorate it! What a fun idea :)

• Visited December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fantastic, Friendly and...YUMMY!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

If you go to St. Thomas, you MUST go to Simply Italian at Megan's Point Resort! The food is saliva-tingly good! We ate there twice during our stay. The Sunday Brunch is a wonder. Their fresh handmade banana cheesecake (made with banana's grown by the staff) was incredible! It was recommended to us by quite a few locals, so that goes a long way to telling you this restaurant has a great reputation. We enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff. We will definitely visit it again when we come to the islands!

• Visited December 2013