“Tobie is the best!”
Review of Pocket Yachts

Pocket Yachts
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We returned from another trip to Jost Van Dyke and used Tobie to twice during our visit. He was punctual, reliable and great to be around. He handles the boat beautifully even in choppy conditions and makes sure his customers are comfortable. He knows a ton of history about the BVI's and gives some great tours of becahes everywhere! have seent he most beautiful spots ever on his boats. His prices are much better than any of the other companies I researched and I would ONLY use him again!!! We had wonderful snorkelling experiences and just a great overall experience with him two years in a row!

1  Thank Jackie K

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We took our trip with Tobie last week and I'm sooo glad we decided to go with Pocket Yachts! What an amazing day! Tobie is entertaining and is very knowledgeable .. a super fun host! We were able to go all the places we wanted and best of all he found a super place to snorkle! Lunch was awesome, I don't even know where we were but it was yummy. The length of the day was perfect and we have a memory that will last forever.
Thank you !

Reviewed January 18, 2014

It seems difficult to write a review that wouldn't sound exactly like all the others, so I wont bore you with all the details of our amazing day on the water. Simply put- Captain Tobie is an excellent host, a knowledgeable Captain and Pocket yachts is the best value you will find.
Do it, it will be the best day of your trip.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Chartering a boat and visiting the BVI's was the one thing my boyfriend was adamant about on our seven day vacation to St. Thomas. I was a little apprehensive but agreed because he was so excited. He called several places before he spoke with Tobie from Pocket Yachts. After the initial conversation he was thrilled about our upcoming trip. However, he was a little bummed that Tobie wasn't going to be our captain. Once we arrived at the marina we found out that they had a cancellation and Tobie was indeed going to be our captain! My boyfriend had the whole excursion planned in his head of where he wanted to go and Tobie was absolutely awesome about accommodating and helping us figure out the best way to split up our time between the different islands.

We had to go through customs and fill out the appropriate documents, which Tobie handled for us. Afterwards, we went to Norman Island to snorkel. I had absolutely zero interest in this at first (I am a total wuss) but since it was just us three and Tobie raved about the experience, I decided to give it a shot. I am so happy that I did - talk about an amazing experience! Tobie was great at instructing me and made me feel confident.

Next, we visited the Willy T to avoid a bit of rain that was coming in and then moved on to Peter Island and several of the other islands (Sandy Spit, Jost Van Dyke, etc.). My boyfriend was in absolute heaven and when we stopped at St. John to refuel, Tobie gave me time to go into a few of the shops to buy some of the souvenirs that I was regretting not buying when we visited St. John earlier in the week.

Overall, we had an absolutely memorable experience! Had this not been the last day of our trip we would have gone out with Tobie again. It was obvious that he is an experienced captain and is great at what he does. This was the number one highlight of our trip and we would both recommend it to anyone who is looking to have some fun and explore more of the Virgin Islands! Pocket Yachts was much cheaper than the competitors and I feel that we had a better experience than we would have had elsewhere. Plus, we were the only ones on the boat besides Tobie, so we designed the whole trip based on what we wanted to see. This made the experience that much better.

This was a fantastic experience and I would recommend Pocket Yachts to anyone who plans to vacation in St. Thomas!

1  Thank Jordane D
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a party of 6 which was coming into St. Thomas on a cruise for the day. We decided that renting a boat would be fun and the most economical. I researched plenty of charters and companies and no one would give me a set price or any information... I came across pocket yachts on TA and emailed the company email and got a response from Captain Tobie. He gave me the scoop of the different islands as well as pricing upfront. We were only able to do a half day but next time on the island we are definitely renting a full day. We had an amazing time going to each beach and Captain Tobie was so much fun and very knowledgeable. The boat was perfect for the 6 of us and the snorkeling was amazing. He had enough gear for everyone. We are all in our mid to late 20's but this experience is for anyone of any age. I honestly cannot wait to visit again and will definitely book with Tobie.

Thanks again,