“Fantastic sailing on a real Schooner (Tall Ship)”
Review of H.B. Welch Charters - Day Tours - CLOSED

H.B. Welch Charters - Day Tours
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My day with Captain Tom could not have been better!! If you love, or even like to sail, you will love your day with Captain Tom!! You can sit and enjoy the ride, or you can hoist the sails and maybe even take the wheel. When I think of that day the two words that come to mind are Fun and Sailing. Since the H.B. Welch is a real sailing "tall ship " (Schooner), Captain Tom takes advatage of having a larger ship enabling you to sail out of the range of the smaller sail boats. This means you can find more secluded spots to snorkel and wider seas to sail. Although he is serious about his sailing, he is a bit of pirate at heart. If you don't have a fun day on this boat, you don't know how to have fun. A light lunch and free flowing libations, including painkillers complete your experience. My only regret was that we didn't find Captain Tom sooner, as we would have loved to share another day on the H.B. Welch before going home!!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just spent the day with Captain Tom on the HB Welch and had an amazing time. We sailed to a quiet cove for snorkeling, swimming and lots of painkillers! The crew was awesome, the other guests were lots of fun and the lunch was delicious! My husband even got to pilot the boat for a while. Others helped with the sails. A really fun time was had by all.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had the best time with Captain Tom on the H.B.Welch. Although it was raining, we had a blast and even had an impromptu band session. The Captain and crew were fantastic and I was sad when we had to leave. A very memorable trip to say the least. If you get a chance to go sailing with Captain Tom, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Steph S
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

This was my children's first sailing experience and it's all they can talk about. Captain Tom immediately put me at ease by explaining the safety rules to my 8 and 12 year old girls. He even asked them to help steer the boat, which made their experience unforgettable. They cannot stop talking about how much fun they had. His first mate Autumn, was professional, personable and as my girls would say "fun!" Montoya a second crew mate was also very interactive and put everyone at ease with his playful personality. He stayed near while the children snorkeled at Christmas Cove, just in case they needed help. The Captain served a beautiful array of food suitable for both children and adults. The final thrill for my girls was diving off the bowsprit! This is certain to become a family tradition!

3  Thank Arrasl
HBWelchCharters, Owner at H.B. Welch Charters - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Arrasl,

It was again a pleasure to have you and your family on board !
Thank you for your positive comments ! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon !
Casting Off !
Captain Tom !

Reviewed November 19, 2013

In early November, we were a bit early for good sailing, but Captain Tom made the trip memorable with his enthusiasm and willingness to take us to our preferred snorkeling spot. I loved taking a turn behind the wheel of the HB Welch and even my wife felt safe under the Captain's watchful eye. Great day, and the chow was good too!

4  Thank Wmoody823

Ahoy WMoody,

Great to see your comments here on Trip Advisor! Glad you and your wife enjoyed the experience !
Hope to see you again in the future !
Casting Off, Captain Tom!