“Best vacation day” 5 of 5 bubbles

Andover, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best vacation day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were looking for a day of actual sailing and some snorkeling while in the USVI. We were very lucky to find Tom! His boat is great with plenty of deck space. You feel safe and are free to enjoy the beautiful water and views. There is nothing like cruising through the water without the noise of the engine.
Tom had a great assortment of food and plenty of drinks for us. The only other passenger was a local musician, Andy, who brought his guitar. It was an amazing day of sailing, snorkeling, and listening to great music. The day was a life experience I'll never forget and certainly the best day of our vacation.
Tom is a very safe and capable Captain who does a good job of allowing you to pretty much do whatever you want sailing and snorkeling but he keeps it safe. It was far better than a crowded cruise and the price was very reasonable.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank lrechisky
HBWelchCharters, Owner at H.B. Welch Charters - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Ahoy Irechisky,

Thank you for you comments - we really do appreciate that our "sailors" recognize that we go the extra mile to ensure a safe and fun sailing experience. We enjoy taking our guests to more remote locations than the typical tourist day sail....to us and to you, it makes all the difference !
Casting Off,
Captain Tom !

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sailing .... need I say more?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Sailing in the Carribean -this my happy place and where I plan to return year after year. If you have not tried sailing with Captain Tom you are missing out. This is the only way to sail and simply one of those things you simply must experience for yourself.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Arrasl
Katy, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Didn't go wrong sailing with Capt. Tom on the H.B. Welch!

He was very friendly from the beginning and immediately made everyone feel very comfortable. He and his first mate Ryan were both very good with the kids allowing them to take part in steering the boat as well as working the lines. Capt. Tom kept it interesting with great stories of not only local areas but his past adventures as well. He truly seems to enjoy what he does.

No question that I would charter with him again!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Olineman
Windsor, Canada
“Fantastic Day of Sailing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I recently sailed with Captain Tom. We did the private cruise/day sail and were the first ones to take a trip on his smaller sailboat. Everything was great, well organized, punctual, food was perfect and the beer was cold! Had a great day of sailing and snorkeling.

Captain Tom is laid back and makes sure you are as involved as you want to be. I wanted to do some of the sailing and see some turtles and he delivered! Spent a few hours at a beach full of turtles and other great snorkeling.

Beautiful sail on the way home while Captain Tom entertained with some interesting history and information of the surrounding islands as well as the odd corny joke

Caught a nice buzz on the way home!

Perfect day on the water and worth every penny!

Visited June 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Capt Tom never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time visiting STT and sailing with Capt Tom on the HB Welch it is truly an exceptional experience. There is nothing in the world quite like sailing and no one can give you a better experience than Captian Tom and his crew, Alexander a Autumn. I was lucky enough to be accompanied local piano man Danny Silber what a treat to have live music on the HB. I plan to make this trip a tradition and will make sure that sailing with Capt Tom is on my list of priorities. Once you have experienced sailing with Captain Tom you will not want to sail another captain.

Visited April 2013