“The Bight is one of the only ones left to still hold it's charm”
Review of Jack's Bight - CLOSED

Jack's Bight
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 5-day stay at the Marriott Frenchman's Cove in St. Thomas. We've
vacationed in St. Thomas several times before.
We always rent a car to get around the island. I would recommend doing since St. Thomas has too many
places to explore.
One of those places we heard about on the island was this small out of the way bar restaurant called
Jack's Bight. I feel we need to talk about these places that still have that "islandy feel" so we
don't lose them. Why, I wonder, would you fly down to the Caribbean and then go to Wendy's for a
burger!!
I'm from New York and can get dressed up and go out fine dining all day long. When I come down to the
Caribbean I just want "no worries man". Sandles, shorts and a great view! This place, "Jack's Bight"
is just that place.
It is located on the beach at the Point Pleasant resort on the east side of the island. Excellent
food, great drinks, beautiful views and a great selection of local and imported ice-cold beer! What
more can you ask for? There isn't another place on island like it. We've been coming down to St.
Thomas for years and this place is one of the only ones left to still hold it's charm. A can't miss
place to stop by for breakfast or lunch or catch an awesome sunset during dinner. (Yes, we've done
them all!) You can even rent a kayak there for a spin after lunch!
We will be back in January 2013!! Maybe we'll see you there!

2  Thank mattmo

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Perfect end to a great day. We came back from gorgeous St. John, covered in sand and exhausted, to find the perfect gem tucked away under the lower pool. Great conch fritters, delicious tilapia salad, awesome wings, and the best ending of all: rum punch. Self-effacing, the simple porch hides delicious salads, appetizers and drinks, all over the beautiful Caribbean waters. Very casual, the staff were all great, even accommodating my 4 year old's request for a chocolate "smoothie". (virgin mudslide)

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I live on island and this is always our lunch stop when we pick up guests coming in for a visit. The view is just gorgeous - surrounded by amazing sapphire blue water and views of St John and the BVIs. The food is great. I love the cajun chicken wrap, the tuna wrap and signiture salad. Such a great relaxed bar.

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I decided to try the Brunch at Jacks. Not so good. I waited about a half an hour for lukewarm French toast, then had to wait longer for our waiter to slice some really cold butter which should have been on the plate to begin with... To top it off-ice cold syrup :( I didn't think you could screw up French toast. Guess I was wrong. I would have let the waiter know but he never returned to our table to ask how everything was. Hmmmm stick to the wings & maybe sit at the bar for better service.

Stephen D, Owner at Jack's Bight, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

We certainly dropped the ball on your experience. My apologies. There is no excuse for inattentive service or cold food. I hope you can give Jack's another chance as your review has been brought to the attention of the employees involved and we've worked hard to correct the issues. We hope to see you again to apologize in person for your bad experience and ensure future visits exceed your expectations. Sincerely,

Steve Danesi
Owner-Jack's Bight.

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

had a gyro wow was it good the fries were the best! Boyfriend had wings and they were Great! It is a hassle of having to drive across the island to get there and then wait for a shuttle to take you to restaurant but it is totally worth it!!!