“Can get better”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Orchid

Blue Orchid
Ranked #43 of 262 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Globally inspired, fresh, creative fine dining in a gorgeous setting.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Can get better”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

It is an interesting and beautiful location. They are just starting this business. the menu was interesting and we all tried different foods. unfortunately I have gluten allergies and they assured me that my dish was gluten - free. it wasn't and I became sick even before leaving the restaurant. So a beautiful evening was not so good for all four of us.

• Visited January 2012

Michigan
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

What a wonderful surprise and experience. Four of us had dinner at this new restaurant ,not far from Mountain Top, on Valentines evening. The food was outstanding, the service perfect (thank you Robert). We had a bit of difficulty finding the place but it was well worth any effort.

1 Thank CindyMichigan
Central PA
“Fabulous Restaurant...With A View To Match!”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stopped at St. Peter Great House to admire the views (gorgeous!) and visit the small botanical garden located there. Since it was lunchtime, we thought we would grab a meal at The Blue Orchid restaurant located there. Alas, the dining room is only open for dinner, so we made reservations. What a treat was in store for us! We both had the signature Blue Orchid salad, which was delectable. I enjoyed my chicken entree...succulent and done perfectly...while my husband pronounced the Saltimbocca as the very best veal dish he has ever had. We convinced ourselves that we could least share a taste of the chocolate cake for dessert...totally decadent, and we finished every morsel. The dining room has a very nice atmosphere while the waitstaff was friendly, relaxed and professional. We returned the following week, and our meals and service were just as excellent as our first experience. St. Thomas' dining scene has a gem at The Blue Orchid. We only wish we could return weekly!

St. Thomas
“Blue Orchid at The Great House”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

A must do dinning experience on ST Thomas; I am the actives director for Magens Point Resort. I do a farewell dinner with the guest on Friday Night and we dined at the Blue Orchid Restaurant on 2/17/12. WOW Start off with a walk to the lookout point with a great view down Island and a Great photo opportunity. We headed down to the restaurant for our reservation what a great atmosphere, the service was better that the view and the food was the highlight of the evening. I can’t say enough on the whole experience. Everyone had a Great Time!!!
Tom
PS. make reservation there number is [--]

1 Thank PapatomVI
St. Thomas
“A Hidden Northside Secret”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have driven by the Great House for years, at least 4x per week (or quite possibly in a day!). It’s a beautiful location that had no purpose for us locals except for events (weddings, banquets, etc.) and a tourist spot. This has all changed.The Great House recently transformed the home into a restaurant. I missed the new sign until I picked up an old friend who was hitchhiking. He mentioned that a mutual friend of ours was tending bar there....an excellent excuse to check it out.

If you have ever been to the property, you know it’s stunning. My date and I got to explore the grounds as we waited for a table, reservations are recommended! Check out the outdoor area of the Great House looking down from the observation area (a must even if you have reservations), the views are stunning but not easily photographed. The restaurant has fun and vibrant home fixtures throughout it. A fire place, a bathtub in the restroom and great pieces like this hanging lamp and the adorable tiles with the puppy feet!

We started dinner out with a few glasses of Prosecco...

The hostess warned us that their portions were large. We were both hungry so we ordered an appetizer (fried calamari tossed in a lemon and butter sauce) and a grilled romaine-heart Ceaser salad. Our hostess wasn’t kidding...portions were very generous! Both dishes were delicious, but the calamari was the most tender I’ve had. For dinner my date got the ‘surf & turf’. I ate most of his shrimp for him. This chef does not over-cook her seafood, wonderful!

I opted for the Mediterranean Pie which is a vegetarian dish - phyllo dough with feta, sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini and a lot of other ingredients that made it very filling and tasty, even to the carnivore.

We were far too stuffed for dessert, but had both our hostess and server promise that the chocolate cake was to die for! I may have to stop in for a coffee & cake one of these nights instead of dinner!

• Visited January 2012