“Great experience!”

Ranked #71 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Voted “Best Steak on the Island” for seven consecutive years, The Grille features a choice of mouth-watering selections from grilled steak, fresh seafood, and pasta options to a “Not to be Missed!” dessert menu. The Grille offers outstanding daily specials, a full bar featuring an extensive wine list, and the choice of dining on a covered patio or in air-conditioned comfort, both overlooking the amazing mountain scenery. The Grille is known for exceptional service with amazing, affordable food for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spent Christmas and New Year's in a condo at Mahogany Run Golf Resort. Since we rented a car, most of our meals were near the beach or near town. It wasn't until our last day on the island that we tried The Grille at Mahogany Run. We had lunch there and dinner. We were not disappointed.
I had the club for lunch and my husband had a burger. Both were very good with large portions. In fact, I had to leave half of the sandwich, although our server offered to wrap it for us. Barbara was our server and went out of her way to help us with everything. She even offered us the name of a lady that would help us through the airport customs adventure when we left the following day. Although we've been through customs many times, it was nice of her to offer this kind of help.
We returned for dinner in the evening and had steaks. They were very good. In fact, my husband just mentioned that he wished we could find a steak around home that was like the one he had at The Grille. My only small complaint was the fact that my medium-well sirloin was burned at the edge after they butterflied it. However, our server was once again most helpful and I would certainly recommend this place to our TA friends.
I do understand that this location may be out for some of those staying closer to town, but we enjoyed the quiet atmosphere and the outdoor seating. Indoor seating is also available. We had a very good experience and wished we had tried it sooner.

2  Thank LizNortonShores
There are newer reviews for The Grille at Mahogany Run

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I have a small business in St Thomas and have had the opportunity to dine at most restaruants on the island. We chose The Grille for our company Christmas dinner. Everything from appetizers, entrees, desserts, drinks and wine all exceptional. Everyone had only great things to say about their meals. I have to admit that out server did slow up towards the end of our meal, but all in all, I rate this as very good to excellent for food, very good on service, and will be back again. The atmosphere was also very nice, we ate in their outside seating.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had heard such good things about this place we had to try it, while there were things that were good: the prime rib, brie quesadilla. The chicken wing appetizer was an embarrassment, skinny primal wings, cut roughly, no breading not even rolled in flour, deep fried till burned, and they charge 12 dollars for this? Caesar salad almost so so. A pork saltimbocca that while a good portion was horrible with no sage, no wine reduction, proscuitto ham that was way too thick, no cheese though that is an option for such.
The prime rib had a "light rosemary ajus" with no rosemary flavor and resembled a mere light beef broth. Then let me tell you about the vegetables and starch: vegetables were zucchini, yellow squash and bell peppers that had slight grill marks on them and were almost raw and very firm. The baked potatoes were a previous days reheats brownish in the center.
The only saving grace was the prime rib that was done just right, one can get such just about anywhere on island. The ambiance was nice, service was great. Too bad there was no creativity or skills in the kitchen. We have such better choices on island to spend our money on, a return visit ............ NO!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a very nice diner at The Grille on Saturday night. The service was great, food was exceptional and we even had a nice view! However, when we looked at the bill, we noticed that they charged us for a little extra sauce for my leftovers. I'm a very light eater and most of my entree was left. I did not think I had enough sauce for it, so I asked if they could put some in with my leftovers. We both had a nice entree, not sandwiches, and drinks too. Come on, it was a thimble size of SAUCE, not CAVIAR!!!!

1  Thank tina2332
Reviewed October 28, 2012

the food was very good we were a party of 6 we had a tast of most of the menu and everthing was good, The service was great our server was Barbra she was the bomb!! we would come back again and again!! Thanks for a great meal and a great time!! The Jackson clain.