“Good food. Even better service.”

Sunset Grille - Secret Harbour Resort
Ranked #17 of 268 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have stayed at Secret Harbor several times. In the past, we had lunch at the restaurant but avoided it for dinner thinking it was too pricey, no sides, not worth the money. This experience was different! New manager Tom K. strives to make your experience a perfect one, welcoming you as if you were old friends. Lunches are still great. The tables are steps from the beach with an awesome view or they will deliver to the beach. Dinners were good. The mahi mahi was fresh and was a generous portion. Yes, its island time, but the wait was not nearly as bad as some other restaurants we tried! If you're looking for loud music and a wild crowd, this place is not for you. There were steel drums in the background, beautiful sunsets, and an atmosphere that made it easy to enjoy conversation and actually hear the water lapping on the shore. The staff and service made this restaurant stand out. Look for Brad S., Mike H., or Kiki. They were extremely attentive, and tried hard to customize the menu to whatever you wanted. Don't be afraid to tell them is something is not right or missing. They want to know and will make it right. We look forward to eating there again. Terri M.

Thomas K, General Manager at Sunset Grille - Secret Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to review your visits to our restaurants. Your kinds words help us keep going every day. This is our slice of paradise and we like to share it with others :)
Talk to you soon or see you on your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Sunset Grille - Secret Harbour Resort

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

If you love fish , don't go here!! We ordered Bronzino and it was awful - our entire order came out cold- We asked for it to be deboned in the kitchen and it wasn't - The chef does what he wants not what the customer wants- Kids steaks were ice cold - we asked for all steaks to be prepared with the bernaisse sauce on the side and they all came with the sauce on the steaks- again the chef does only what he wants not what the customer wants- our kids have allergies and couldn't eat their meals because of the sauce on their steaks - Food took forever to come out and I mean forever - we ordered a bottle of 2006 Chardonnay and they were out of it- Then we ordered a 2010 Chardonnay and it wasn't chilled - we had to wait 7 minutes for it to chill( are you kidding me) $650 later and no real compassion for our experience we decided to high tail it out of there- this chef should be fired immediately - He wouldn't even come out to see is he was so embarrassed in what he served us---Please Please do yourself a favor and do not go here!!! Kelly our server was good though

1  Thank dpanos27

We strive for excellence in every interaction and obviously do not always make it. Our apologies for your experience. Your review will help us improve our service and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts.
As you can see from the other reviews we get it right much more then wrong, Your experience is not indicative of our operation and we would love to see you again before leaving the island for a chance to show you what we are capable of.
If you want some incredible fresh filet of fish, I recommend the sea bass, outstanding and never more then 72 hours from the water.
Again, our apologies for not exceeding your expectations on this visit.
My personal cell number is 703-408-3609 if there is anything I could do for you.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was my second trip to St. Thomas and we enjoyed dinner here last year. So we decided to come back this year. The food was wonderful as well as the service !

Thomas K, General Manager at Sunset Grille - Secret Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Your kind words tickle our insides. We appreciate the review and are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We ate at the Sunset Grille for our last evening at the resort. We were always busy with other things at sunset time but if you can swing it, have dinner then. The view of the bay is fabulous and would be a great backdrop to your evening meal. We had planned on dining in Charlotte Amalie however those plans changed and we came back to the resort and got right into the Grille. The ambiance is very nice and the majority of seating is beach side. There is also a room you can reserve if you have a special occasion.

Nicholas was our waiter and was very attentive. The wine list was very impressive and my wife settled on a nice white knowing she would be having the Jerk Chicken. I started my meal with the soup du jour, a palette pleasing tomato. My wife had the Compari Tomato, Mozzarella, Palm Salad which is a nice field greens salad with heart of palm and some very delectable island sweet green peppers both of which adding a nice crunch. This was a larger version of the salad which I thoroughly enjoyed at the beach club. We also enjoyed the fresh french bread that was served to us. As I said, my wife had the Caribbean Jerk Chicken and I had the Sirloin Au Poire. My wife said the chicken was delicious and the raisin sauce on the meat was a great accent to the entree but her favorite part was the coconut-cilantro risotto side dish which she described as fabulous. The temperature of the medium rare steak was perfect especially for the massive cut of beef I was served. I had the truffled mac and cheese which was delectable. At first Nicholas had forgotten my steak knife but that was quickly remedied. However the steak knife I received could have been sharper. We finished the meal sharing the cheesecake du jour which was papaya. The dessert was good but a little less flavorful than we were expecting. None-the-less it was a nice ending to a very satisfying meal.

Nicholas was on the spot and very stealthy often refreshing our drinks without me noticing so hats off to him for the fine service. The price was comparable to St Elmo's our famous restaurant in Indianapolis, however, I enjoyed this meal much more. We definitely recommend the Sunset Grille at Secret Harbor as well as the resort itself.

We really appreciate you sharing your experience at our restaurant. Thank you abd we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Right next door to the beach club, with a more elegant menu. Enjoyed watching the sunset one evening.

We always strive for perfection and are very glad when we get close. We appreciate the review and look forward to your next visit to Secret Harbour.