“Disappointed”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The setting was great. The service was terrible. The food was mixed. My fish was totally uneatable and spit it out on the beach behind me. It was rubber tasteless. My wife tried it and said don't dare eat that. The duck was on the cold side but eatable. The jerk chicken was enjoyed by my daughter as well as the tofu by my son. We ordered a gnocchi ( which was good) appetizer and then didn't see the waitress for 25 minutes. I asked two other waiters where is our food and one hid in kitchen and other avoided me. When the waitress came and saw didn't touch the fish, she said do I want desert. We got out of there, but not before a forced 20 percent tip which was auto included. I then realized why the waitress had no incentive to care. and it wasn't cheap. So many better places to eat in St Thomas, don't bother.

2  Thank bzbzbzbz

Reviewed March 10, 2012

When we visited Sunset Bar and Grill, we wanted to love it. The view of Secret Harbour is fantastic, the setting romantic, the remake of the old "Blue Moon" restaurant very good. Alas, the food is just OK. Perhaps with time things will improve?

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We enjoyed this relaxed yet elegant setting, listening to the waves crash and enjoying the cove setting. Quiet enjough for conversation, the service and food both excellent. Only a 5 minute taxi ride fromt he Ritz Carlton. It's a gem. Good wine list too.

1  Thank Beth R
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The Suset Grille is located on The Secret Harbour Resort property under a lease arrangement. My wife and I stayed at Secret Harbour for the third time in 16 months. This restaurant was previously known as the Blue Moon and we miss the the old bar and bartenders and so do many other regulars we spoke to.
Having said that; the Sunset Grille is really three distinct spaces. The formal restaurant serves dinner, the patio serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and the third space is the bar area.
The restaurant is high quality and pricey. We had dinner in the formal restaurant twice. We were treated like celebrities and had wonderful meals. I can't say enough how accommodating the chef is. Bravo. However, if you want a bottle of wine, the selections are odd. The red wine list has one moderate price selection in the $20-$30 range then jumped to over $200 for the next cheapest. Strange choice. Also, don't expect bread with your meal. I'm told by the server they are working on this.
The patio restauarant has a breakfast menu and lunch/dinner/bar menu. We had breakfast here just once. The patio is an open area with beach umbrellas that don't provide shade when the sun is low. So expect breakfast in the sun. Also expect breakfast on paper plates with plastic silverware and styrofoam cups. When the wind picks up you have to hold your meal down. Breakfast cost $38.00. Hence, we only ate breakfast here once. But you can't beat the view.
We ate off the lunch/dinner/bar menu 4 or 5 times. Again, the food is good but pricey.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

On St Thomas for ten nights and wished we had discovered Sunset Grille earlier. By far the best dining experinece. ATmosphere, setting, menu, food prep-all excellent. We are planning a visit to ST Thomas next year and Sunset Grille is on the top of the list for a return visit.

2  Thank Andrea I