“A Wonderful dining experiance”

Sunset Grille - Secret Harbour Resort
Ranked #38 of 275 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We had the fortunate experiance to have a couple visit while celebrating their 32nd anniversary, they had come to the islands long ago for their Honeymoon. Gary Garner, my friend, had been a concierge at the Ritz recommened the Blue Moon Cafe when we realized Bottoms Up was just not right for the occassion. WOW. What a treat, we had no idea the place was onder new ownership and all recdone. It turned out to ber a perfect evening for all. The food was fabulous, the service was , well they felt special, and we were so pleased it became a special evening for them. Thanks to all of you and your special effort for the everning. It will long be remembered by all of us.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Local family took me here for dinner. It was so good we went back the next night. Our server Sarah took great care of us. All of us enjoyed our meals. The second night we enjoyed the private wine room. Nice wine list. Steak was perfectly prepared. The fresh bread baked on site is to die for! I'll definitely go back again on my next trip.

1  Thank Lauren L
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stopped on a whim for lunch despite hearing a lot of grumbling from locals about high prices and troubles surrounding the new operators. Found a very nice open sided square bar in the same spot where the tight quartered Blue Moon Cafe bar used to sit. Dining room was very nicely decorated with wide open views. A private air conditioned dining room at the far end doubles as a wine cellar. Looked like a nice spot for you and 15 of your closest friends. Manager told me they've seated groups over 24 but it looked too small for that.
At the suggestion of the bartender and another patron at the bar I had the Ahi Nachos. A generous portion of fresh flour tortilla chips topped with chunks of rare Ahi,green onion, seaweed salad, red/yellow peppers and candied ginger with a drizzle of a wasabi dressing. Not your mama's nachos by a long shot. Very satisfying and tasty. I think it was in the $12 buck range which for the amount of tuna was very reasonable (for St T).
Dinner prices were in the $30 range but that will need to wait for the next visit.
Open for breakfast too at 8 am

1  Thank Jet_Lag_Tom
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Great service, great view...was happy to tip the server more than expected because she was so good. But an 18% tip WAS already included. I hate when tip is included, it makes me inclined to tip less. I hadn't noticed it was included before, so it turned out to be a 38% tip, but after I noticed it, I asked for some back (as rude as that seems)...I just honestly can't afford tipping that much. She still ended up with a great tip, but I left really pissed off at the restaurant for including a tip. Let the CUSTOMER dictate the tip!

1  Thank CaptKD
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We had our son's wedding rehearsal dinner at this restaurant and with the very competent help of Jessica Hume experienced a flawless occasion. She was extremely fast to respond to every one of my questions and requests whilst I was arranging this meal. The setting was so romantic and peaceful and the food was just perfect. My son is a chef and I wanted the food to impress him.....it did! I would highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank frequentflyerHawaii