“Awesome adventure on the water!”
Review of 340 Watersports

340 Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: 340 Watersports offers you three ways to enjoy the natural wonders of the Caribbean sea! 30 minute freestyle rides. 45 minute and 90 minute tours of St Thomas!!! Come see us today!
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at Bolongo Bay Resort in April 2014 and wanted to take advantage of the activities that were available right at the beach. When I approached Rick from 340 Watersports one afternoon he was very friendly and gave me great advice without being pushy. We decided to book a 1 hour guided tour and were so thrilled with our experience. Rick was thorough with the safety briefing and explained what we would be doing while on the water and continued to visually keep an eye on everyone during our tour. We had an awesome time! It was exhilarating zipping along the shore, in and out of coves from Bolongo Bay to Charlotte Amalie and back. We were glad we went with the one hour tour which Rick suggested but did not push on us. It was definitely worth it and definitely a highlight of our trip. The only thing I would suggest is that you wear sunglasses that stay in place on your face and give you enough coverage. We hit some choppy water on the way back and I had trouble keeping the water out of my eyes but it was still exhilarating, all the way!!
Thanks Rick and 340 Watersports for an amazing adventure on St. Thomas!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was dying to drive a jet ski (I have never done it) on our honeymoon cruise, and we found 340 Watersports on tripadvisor. We booked easily with Lex over the phone for the 90 minute guided tour on April 8. We showed up about a half hour early but Lex was ready to go. He showed us each how to drive our jet skis, and I had a hard time at first (even taking a spill once we got out of Bolongo Bay), but Lex was really patient and once I understood that you have to go fast to have steering control we were off. He took us all around the island and stopped us and talked about what we were seeing. He even took is right by our cruise ship, which was really cool. The wind kicked up on the way back and we had to go through some rather large swells to get back to Bolongo, but those jet skis can handle it, and again, Lex was an amazing guide and we would do this again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My kids wanted to do this and I was not that interested. I decided to take the 45 minute guided tour with each of us on our own Jet ski. The intro instruction was very thorough. Once we started after about 10 minutes I was used to it. The ride lasted for over an hour and was absolutely the best time I think anyone could ever have on one of these things. I'm hooked! The guide was considerate of all the riders but did give us a thrilling tour...not your mild follow the leader type ride. We all kept up and loved it so I believe that spurred him on. Make sure you wear glasses and bring croakies....they do have them to loan out but I believe they are necessary. Well worth the price and I cannot wait to do it again!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My fiance and I set up a one-hour adventure tour with Rick at 340 Watersports at Bolongo Bay, St. Thomas. (We requested the freestyle at first, but when they recommended the guided tour, we decided on that. Definitely worth it to take the "guided" tour so you can leave the bay! Same price, but you don't even feel like you're being guided all that much. Still an adventure!)

We don't have too much experience with jet skis (but we are from upstate NY and we snowmobile) but it was very straightforward and we had a blast. We took it at a good pace - not too fast, not too slow. Rick stopped at a couple places to let us take pictures. Got to see the huge cruise ships and a few different bays.

One hour doesn't sound like a lot, but we were pretty tired about 45 minutes in. (We also switched drivers halfway through.) We weren't prepared for being slightly sore when we got back (it was a little wavy that day), but it was totally worth it! Worth the money too. How many times do you get to jet ski in the Caribbean?! Recommended!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time jet skiing and we scheduled a late 45 minute tour of the bay in Charlotte Amelie. We initially requested an hour, but they were flexible to change. We also wanted to do free style, but learned it's limited in exploring area and we were recommended to do the tour.

Skis were great and we were given a comprehensive first timer tutorial riding in the ocean. I believe we were last in the day, so it was only my wife and I.

The water was calm and an easy ride. The fastest I went was 52 km/h, but most of the time we were going 20-30 km/h while sightseeing. We covered a of ground, but the sights new to us are mostly closer views of cruise ships and yachts. We were staying at the marriott Frenchman reef which is part of the scenery.

Tip:
Put your flip flops in the front compartment of the water ski, bring a hat with chin strap for sun protection, use ample sun screen, and bring sun glasses (ride was smooth, so I was ok wearing sunglasses that are more than $25.