“340 Watersports - Totally worth it!”
Review of 340 Watersports

340 Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: 340 Watersports offers you three ways to enjoy the natural wonders of the Caribbean sea! 30 minute freestyle rides. 45 minute and 90 minute tours of St Thomas!!! Come see us today!
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My fiance and I set up a one-hour adventure tour with Rick at 340 Watersports at Bolongo Bay, St. Thomas. (We requested the freestyle at first, but when they recommended the guided tour, we decided on that. Definitely worth it to take the "guided" tour so you can leave the bay! Same price, but you don't even feel like you're being guided all that much. Still an adventure!)

We don't have too much experience with jet skis (but we are from upstate NY and we snowmobile) but it was very straightforward and we had a blast. We took it at a good pace - not too fast, not too slow. Rick stopped at a couple places to let us take pictures. Got to see the huge cruise ships and a few different bays.

One hour doesn't sound like a lot, but we were pretty tired about 45 minutes in. (We also switched drivers halfway through.) We weren't prepared for being slightly sore when we got back (it was a little wavy that day), but it was totally worth it! Worth the money too. How many times do you get to jet ski in the Caribbean?! Recommended!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time jet skiing and we scheduled a late 45 minute tour of the bay in Charlotte Amelie. We initially requested an hour, but they were flexible to change. We also wanted to do free style, but learned it's limited in exploring area and we were recommended to do the tour.

Skis were great and we were given a comprehensive first timer tutorial riding in the ocean. I believe we were last in the day, so it was only my wife and I.

The water was calm and an easy ride. The fastest I went was 52 km/h, but most of the time we were going 20-30 km/h while sightseeing. We covered a of ground, but the sights new to us are mostly closer views of cruise ships and yachts. We were staying at the marriott Frenchman reef which is part of the scenery.

Tip:
Put your flip flops in the front compartment of the water ski, bring a hat with chin strap for sun protection, use ample sun screen, and bring sun glasses (ride was smooth, so I was ok wearing sunglasses that are more than $25.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had a great trip. We took the 45 minute ride around the harbor, Hassle and Water Islands which seemed like over an hour. We even got to see a sea plane land in the harbor. I believe we were on the same trip as Melissa S because we could hear her boyfriend screaming like a little girl. Rick and Lexx were awesome! I would highly recommend 340 Watersports!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We took the 45 minute ride around the harbor and had a great time. Rick was fantastic on the water and Lexx was super friendly checking us in. Althought the water was a little choppy it was great to hear my boyfriend scream like a little girl. I would recommend this to anyone looking for something fun to do in a short timeframe.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Lex is the manager there and he is incredible nice! He will help you with anything you need or any special request you have. Definitely worth a try as they are very friendly and you will not forget the ride! He even opened up shop 30 minutes early to accommodate our tight travel schedule, just make sure if you tell him you want to go fast, your ready for his definition of fast, it is something else!