“Best hour of the whole trip!”
Review of 340 Watersports

340 Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: 340 Watersports offers you three ways to enjoy the natural wonders of the Caribbean sea! 30 minute freestyle rides. 45 minute and 90 minute tours of St Thomas!!! Come see us today!
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Lex is the manager there and he is incredible nice! He will help you with anything you need or any special request you have. Definitely worth a try as they are very friendly and you will not forget the ride! He even opened up shop 30 minutes early to accommodate our tight travel schedule, just make sure if you tell him you want to go fast, your ready for his definition of fast, it is something else!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My family and I went on an hour trip lead by Lex and it was amazing!! I recommend this jet ski tour of the island to anyone and everyone visiting. We saw stunning sights from the water that we otherwise would not have seen. Shout out to Lex for making this an unforgettable and enjoyable experience!

1  Thank LibWQ
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I went on the 1.5 hour tour where we got to see several planes take off from the airport. On the way back we experienced a pontoon plane land directly over our heads! The trip was fantastic and Rick our tour guide took us to all the most beautiful places!

1  Thank jrgill23
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I'm 4 days shy of my 63'rd birthday, and brought my daughter (28) and son (26) to Marriott's Frenchman's Cove for a week as their Christmas present. They wanted to jet ski, and having never tried it, I was hesitant about joining them, but not wanting to rule out new experiences, I researched online and called 340 Watersports, which is voted the best on the island, and got excellent reviews. Lex answered immediately--and did so on all my subsequent phone calls, as I thought of more and more questions to ask him to aid in my decision. He was endlessly patient, cheerful, helpful, and genuinely informative. Unlike some operations here, this company is entirely professional and everyone is extremely pleasant. My main concern was whether I would be able to get back on the machine unaided if I fell in the water (which is a requirement for going out.) They are very responsible about safety, as well as fun. Even with bad knees (my right ACL is shot) I was able to clamber onto the jet ski in water over my head (this was the water safety test--I did not fall off ;) My jet ski had a little fold down railing at the back that you could pull down in the water and get a knee onto, while grabbing the railing at the back of the seat to haul yourself up. (Not all of them do, so ask if you think you might want it. I'm not sure I would have been able to do it using only upper body strength.) We did the 1.5 hour tour, with Rick as our guide. Rick was thoroughly delightful--very professional, friendly, encouraging, and smart about pacing our ride. Their machines felt very stable and very responsive to me, and in no time, I was bouncing over the waves at full throttle. The seat was so cushion-y that the bouncing was totally comfortable! It was easy to feel relaxed and in control, even while flying along in the rushing wind and the drenching spray from hitting the swells. We made it all the way out to the airport, and Rick timed it so we flew right under a Delta commercial jet that was coming in low over the water for a landing. I've done most of the excursions here, and seeing the beautiful water and the island coastlines from this vantage point was really cool. Whether you're thinking of trying jet skiing, or you're experienced and want the best, definitely call these guys! We all had a super fun ride, and my kids, who are way more adventurous than I, were also excited. Our ride was so exhilarating that we were all laughing out loud. We already decided that we're going to do it again next year when we return! Notes: We each got our own ski, which is actually a bit easier to manage than riding double. Also, we each got a pair of the $5 sunglasses they sell in case you don't want to risk losing your own. They worked great--super comfortable, and stayed on really well. I recommend this experience and this company without reservation. You'll be glad you decided to ride with them!

1  Thank Marie D
See more reviews
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had to practically beg my wife to come on this ride with me but at the end, she was all smiles and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Rick was a very enthusiastic guide who obviously loves his job, and why wouldn't he?! This was my first time on a waverunner but it's pretty easy to get the hang of. Rick leads the way and stopped for us at a few places so that we could get some photos. It was a windy day, so we had some pretty choppy water, especially when we weren't in the bay area. It was fun jumping the 5' swells, just like a motocross track, only the jumps keep moving around! We got up to about 41 MPH. Rick said that they top out around 45, so I felt pretty good about that. :) We got to ride by the giant cruiseship that was in port, as well as the many multi million dollar privately owned boats in the harbor. We left Bolongo Bay and went as far as the airport, swinging by Water Island to check out beautiful Honeymoon Beach.

We brought a dry bag along and our wave runner had a storage compartment, so we were able to keep our phone/camera secure and dry. (not all of their waverunners have functional compartments, so be aware.) We were also able to leave our belongings in the booth while we were out on the ocean. If there's noone in the booth, it is locked, so it is secure.

Awesome trip, Rick was friendly and fun and I would definitely recommend 340 Watersports to anyone who wants to have a great time on the water!

1  Thank Carl B