“Great Time”
Review of 340 Watersports

340 Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: 340 Watersports offers you three ways to enjoy the natural wonders of the Caribbean sea! 30 minute freestyle rides. 45 minute and 90 minute tours of St Thomas!!! Come see us today!
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Awsome tour. The jet skis are well maintained and you get a nice view of the island by being out on water. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to go jet skiing in st. Thomas.

All reviews
in 35 reviews
"shoreline"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family and I were visiting St Thomas on a port visit while on the Oasis of the Seas.

-- Bit of background for St Thomas travelers: We decided to get the day passes at Bolongo Bay resort $120/4 ppl (which in retrospect you don't need). I immediately inquired about jet skis and was pointed to a small building on the beach, which was closed. The only reason we came here was to jet ski. BUT all was not lost

-- 340 Watersports Specific: I called the number on the building. I ended up missing 3 calls from Matt who was trying diligently to return my call. We finally connected, and although he was not scheduled to be opened till well after our time to depart to return to the ship. Matt went out of his way, called Lex (who is AWESOME), and got him down to the beach in less than 20 min to get my brother out on a 30 min freestyle ski.

-- FINAL RECOMMENDATION: Matt and Lex made our day and our visit by being so accommodating. Working with them was a breeze, and they really went above and beyond to work with our super tight schedule. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY FOR FUTURE BUSINESS. And the next time we visit St Thomas, I will definitely be in contact with them for another trip.

Matt and Lex, I cannot thank you enough, this was my brother's 21st birthday trip, and all he asked for was a jet ski trip - you came through in the clutch and made me the most awesome sister ever!! Thank you again for everything, I will continue to send business your way as often as I can.

Matt G, Owner at 340 Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

WorldlyTravler,

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad we could save the day. Please let us know when you're back on our island again!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Worth it. Never felt unsafe and had a great time. FYI - buy the $5 cheapo sunglasses they offer, you will need them.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family and I went jet skiing with 340 water sports (St. Thomas). The experience was amazing. We met a guy by the name of Lex who I must add was very polite and professional. He took his time and got us signed in and went over the safety briefing. He answered any and all questions we asked in a professional manner. We then began our 1.5 tour. He kept checking up on us to make sure that we were safe while we were doing the jet ski tour. It was a blast. Next time your in St. Thomas and you want to jetski make sure to check out 340 water sports and ask for Lex to be your tour guide. You will have the time of your life.

Thank you for your review Anthony! We're very pleased you had such a great time!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We arrived 10 minutes before our scheduled time. We sat around for 15-20 minutes before we were called to do the paperwork.
We had Adam as our guide. We went through the orientation after that we were ready to get on the jet skis. Adam was unfriendly and discouraging to our 22 yo AuPair who was going to be riding with our 13 yo.daughter. He snapped at our daughter when she asked if she could be the driver, rather that politely say "I'm sorry you have to be ....... to ride the jet ski" his response was " No 13 yo rides a jet ski"
Once on the jet ski and in the water he started to give instructions and when our AuPair who's native tongue is not english asked him to repeat, his attitude to her was " do you know what you are doing"? Then turned around and said to us "guys, I don't think she is comfortable". At this point she was so discouraged and didn't want to go. We had to have another family member go with our daughter. This added may be 10 extra minutes to do the switching, orientation etc.
By this time we were 30 minutes in to our time and he says "better get moving guys! I have another ride in 30 minutes, obviously I will be late for that!
At this point I said we paid for a 1 hr ride and questioned if we were only going for 30 minutes. His reply was in a unfriendly tone "we ARE going for 60 minutes but I will be running late"
The truth is if he wasn't taking his time to do whatever he was doing when we got there and he didn't make our AuPair uncomfortable to the point she didn't want to go, we would not have gotten delayed.
We are by no means experienced jet skiers but the last time we did this was in Hilton head SC. That was my first experience. The tour guides were extremely encouraging and friendly. I did not once feel uncomfortable, just because their attitude was so positive.

When you are going out to have a good time you don't need the kind of attitude we experienced before the rides. The riding experience itself was great.

The other gentleman in the check in hut was extremely polite, unfortunately I don't know his name.

Booking was easy. I would not discourage anyone from using the company. Just be aware, if you are not a pro just make sure you don't get Adam as your guide!

8  Thank Ramie2401

Hello Ramie,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review. After hearing about your ride experience, we sent our staff in for customer service training with the Department of Tourism. Since your experience, we can honestly say we have seen improvement!

We apologize for the inconvenience your family experienced and the discomfort of your au pair. Jet skiing should be a fun experience, not a stressful one. When you are back on island, please give us a call and ask to speak to Matt. We would love the opportunity to make your experience in April up to you.