WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Paradise Cove Oceanfront Villas & Suites

Paradise Cove Oceanfront Villas & Suites
Ranked #8 of 21 St. Thomas B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Perfect choice for a getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Paradise Cove does have a beautiful location, with great views, as others have stated. The staff were more than helpful throughout my stay, and I have no complaints. An added bonus is the Cup-N-Kettle Tea House on site- a wonderful place to have breakfast or lunch, with very reasonable prices.

Overall, Paradise Cove was a very good value and I would certainly stay here again. While it is a short walk to Secret Harbor should you want to be on the beach, I would generally recommend having a car in order to have the freedom to travel around the island.

To address one reviewer who seemed to have been at a different location, I can only guess that he was in one of the other buildings on site. But to complain about mosquitos as though they were unique to Paradise Cove is a bit odd. This is a tropical island, so there are mosquitos everywhere. And there is a church facility on site, but the patrons were quiet and only there one evening during my week-long stay. I did hear them but only because I went to the door of the church to listen to a wonderful singer. Internet was a bit slow but sufficient. The laundry room was perfectly sufficient as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ken M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wolverine Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Paradise cove is a beautiful location and a hop, skip and ride to many other beaches, shopping, eating, and entertainment on the island! The staff were awesome and helpful, and the tea room which Evelyn hosts is peaceful and delightful. The tea, breakfast offerings, and conversation were refreshing, loved our mornings there! The weather in February was perfect...always a breeze and warm enough to enjoy wearing shorts and swimming in the warm water at the beach! Michael and Sandy truly have the guests best interests at heart and strive to meet them and help their stay to be the best it can be. The walk on the trail down to the water was fun...many little critters running across the path, and it was fun to see all of God's creation there! The church that meets in Serenity Hall rocks too! The people were all so friendly! I look forward to visiting again in the years to come!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Earl S
St. Thomas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

No hot water, sometimes no water at all... plumbing plumbed backwards. Housekeeping may change linens sometimes, did not clean shower or toilet. Staff was nice at first, but than would say one thing and do another. Very unprofessional. No internet. Too expensive for this living accommodation, you can find much better places for cheaper. Everything was just sup par. Church facility on site, the noise may play a factor on some days and evenings if your trying to relax while limiting parking if your renting a vehicle. Ants, mosquitoes, along with rats and other wild life make it entertaining. Laundry facility old and worn down. Not impressed even for "Island Life".

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Morgan S
ParadiseCoveUSVI, Owner at Paradise Cove Oceanfront Villas & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I am always disappointed when one of our guests is unhappy with Paradise Cove as we consider it a very special place. The location has breathtaking views and the staff goes out of their way to be helpful. There are some inaccuracies that, for the record, I would like to correct.

Hot water is always available. This particular guest requested a unit where the plumber had switched the hot & cold lines in the bathroom. It required only a small adjustment on his part to have all the hot water he wanted. For long term guests (this guest has a company lease for 9 months), housekeeping changes linens & cleans the room once weekly, including bathrooms. We do have internet, although sometimes there are island-wide problems with the service. We discovered recently that 2 of our wireless routers had been stolen; they were replaced a week ago. I have stayed in this gentleman's unit, have enjoyed the angelic music wafting down between 5 & 6 pm on Saturdays and Sundays if the kitchen window is left open, and have enjoyed the wildlife, including deer and wild parakeets. I have never experienced the entertainment of a rat at play. To my knowledge, only one couple did. The exterminator we immediately called advised this couple not to leave food out as it would prove too enticing to residents of the shoreline. No rats have been reported since.

Again, I am sorry this guest is not enjoying Paradise Cove. It is a serene, lovely property with an island charm most of our guests respond to. We do everything we can to ensure a wonderful visit.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Paradise Cove is a beautiful location. This was my first trip to St. Thomas and it was booked for me by a friend. I stayed in the Escape Beachfront Villa #6 for one week. The view was amazing! To wake up everyday to this view and to sleep with the sounds of waves was a true treat. The room was very clean. The staff was professional, responsive and courteous. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the "spirit" of the place. There is a trail in back of the unit that leads to a cove that served as a great work out hike experience. You definitely want to visit the Cup n Kettle Tea House and try Ms. Evelyn's Rum cake and chicken salad. It is to "LIVE" for! I will definitely make Paradise Cove my location of choice for my future visits to St. Thomas as I have been made to feel like family. -D'yann Crosby 04/21/2014

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank DYANN C
Eastbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Paradise Cove has had one or two bad reviews lately and I was a little concerned as to where we had chosen to stay! I needn’t have worried – we were greeted on a very late check-in by Sandy who made sure we had all we needed for the first night.
The room was clean, spacious and well-appointed for all of our needs. We enjoyed our early morning coffee on the balcony. As we had hired a car from ‘Paradise Rental Car’ (who I can thoroughly recommend) the room was used as a base for exploration of the island and a trip to St John, so the position was ideal within minutes of Red Hook.
We ate at the beach restaurant, five minutes’ walk down the hill in the ‘Secret Harbour Resort’ two nights and both meals were lovely. We also enjoyed two very good evenings in ‘Fish Tails’ by the Ferry Port in Red Hook where both meals and cocktails were great – the bar staff were brilliant!
We enjoyed breakfast in the ‘Cup & Kettle’ on site and were looked after by Evelyn who takes very good care of you and makes the best pancakes ever! It also has wifi which was great for sending messages back to the UK.
We experienced no problems during our stay but Sandy and Betty were on hand in the office to answer any queries and give advice if needed.
This is not a five star hotel, if you want that - pay three times the price per night a mile down the road! What it is, is a good clean base in a great location to experience the Virgin Islands – I’m sure for the money it would be hard to find a better alternative.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MJV10
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

What was good:
* The staff was friendly and helpful (if not for them, we would have given this only one star).
* When we had no hot water in our room it was fixed within hours.
* The view from our room was gorgeous.

What was not good:
* We stayed in a room called "the cabana" which left a lot to be desired. From what I can tell from other reviews, Paradise Cove is going through some renovations and we must have got a room that still on the list to be re-done.
* The room was filthy. After putting clean socks on the bottoms of our feet were gross after two walks across the main rug.
* Two smoke alarm holders, no smoke alarms.
* The room was dilapidated. The flashing was falling off the kitchen counters, there were multiple gouges in the wall, the shower head was rusted over, multiple broken tiles and eroding grout in the shower making it un-cleanable, and there were no baseboards along any of the walls.
* The room was far from sealed. (Most notably at the back door to the pool and the strange plywood top under the bed) Dozens of ants were able to crawl in and out as they pleased as were the mosquitoes.
* Ultimately, the room was filthy and sad and certainly not worth a fraction of what we spent. If the other rooms are so much nicer than "the cabana" I think Paradise Cove is best advised not to rent this room out until it's renovated as it tarnishes their image.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kim F
Our housekeeping staff is extremely conscientious; I have never found them to leave a room "filthy." After reading this review, the rug was thoroughly cleaned, but we discovered it was not dirty. I suspect the problem is our location. The wonderful breeze at Paradise Cove also brings its share of African dust. In the summer, the dust can coat a floor in a matter of hours. I would suspect not many floors would pass the white sock test--especially in the Caribbean.

While I agree that the Cabana would benefit from some updating with respect to the kitchen cabinets & the bathroom shower, the furnishings are in good condition & attractive. The Cabana is exactly what it purports to be: a charming, stand alone unit that is moderately priced in an area of $500-$600 rooms.
Tremont, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I would highly recommend staying at the Paradise Cove Cottages, USVI. The rooms have been renovated and are beautiful. The workmanship is nearly perfect. The balcony views from "Escape One" are nothing short of breath taking. The staff was awesome. Polite and courteous. My wife and I were married on the island during our vacation. The staff gave us a wonderful, signed card along with a bottle of champagne. I don't even remember telling them we were getting married but must have done so in casual conversation. What an awesome thoughtful gesture the gifts were. A card would have been wonderful and unexpected, let alone the champagne. Get a rental car and see the beauty of St. Thomas. Go to Magen's Bay, it's worth the $4 admission. Sapphire Point is nice as well. The snorkeling at Secret Harbor is the best I have ever seen.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple