“Capt Chris from the Ritz Carlton St Thomas”

Magic Moments Luxury Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted best activity of the VI by readers of the Daily News.Treat yourself to a true Luxury Excursion. This is a vacation experience you will never forget. The Yachts of choice are 45’ Sea Ray and 48' to 60' Sunseekers. Vast cockpit space for lounging and dining, cushioned tanning areas, elegantly appointed interior with wood finish, leather upholstery, full bathrooms with vanity and shower. Feast on a French style continental breakfast, gourmet lunch with lobster ettouffee, chilled prawns, homemade desserts, open bar, champagne, vintage wines and a large selection of non-alcoholic drinks. Discover the most beautiful destinations in the British- and US Virgin Islands. Itineraries may include Tortola, Norman Island, the Baths on Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, Sandy Cay. Sightsee, snorkel, swim, relax. Allow us to infuse Magic into your vacation. Create a Moment so special that it will last a lifetime. Regular and exclusive charters available
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a group of four take out the Nauti Nymph 52 with captain Chris. They picked us up at 830 on a gorgeous perfectly sized boat for what we wanted to do. We went to a gorgeous shopping area first off that had great stores and a deli to get some snacks and drinks for the day. Alcohol was very reasonably priced at the store. We then went to a local restaurant for breakfast and mimosas. Next we got back on the boat and got an excellent tour of the area and the gorgeous homes and old sugar cane mills that could still be seen. Chris was extremely knowledgeable of the area and sights. The snorkeling area was fantastic, we saw turtles and manta rays. We then we went To Caneel Bay for lunch and the food was spectacular. We went to Christmas Cove next to see some excellent coral snorkeling. I couldn't recommend magic moment or captain Chris enough.

All reviews
"sandy cay"
in 10 reviews
"lobster salad"
in 6 reviews
"captain john and first mate"
"the ritz carlton"
"safety instructions"
"nauti nymph"
"banana bread"

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We took our trip on July 19th....best day of vacation!
Captain Doug and First Mate Lori were the best. Would do this again and would request same crew.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have been waiting to write this review since we chartered the boat with Magic Moments. Actually, we chartered a power boat (Nauti Nymph) instead of the power yacht. Anyway, my husband and I do not have our passports, so we couldn't tour the British Virgin Islands during this excursion. But Captain Johnny planned such an amazing day for us that it didn't even matter. First, let me start by saying my husband and I felt that he had truly been handpicked for us. He talked and joked with us like we had known each other for years. He was born and raised in St. Thomas and his knowledge of the island as well as St. John was exceptional. The first snorkel spot he took us to was unbelievable. The water was really choppy though, and I found myself getting nauseous while I was snorkeling and unfortunately, had to stop after about 10 minutes (much to my husband's chagrin). Captain Johnny took us in to Red Hook and to a pharmacy to get me Dramamine so I could enjoy the day. When we headed back out, he was going to take us to snorkel where there are sea turtles, but decided against it because the water was so rough. After he saw the disappointment in my eyes, he said "you know what, I'll take you to a secret spot that no one really knows about and is much calmer." And he did. It was amazing. He took us to some more snorkeling areas, and then to some amazing beaches, one of them was completely private, and the most beautiful I have ever seen. I wish I could have spent the entire vacation there. Before we began to head back to the hotel, I asked him if there was a place we could get coffee. Captain Johnny went back into Red Hook JUST so I could get a cup. He was absolutely amazing. He loves what he does, and it shows. If we could have done this every day of the vacation, we would have done so. If you decide to charter a boat, either Nauti Nymph or Magic Moments, I would strongly urge you to request Captain Johnny. You will not be disappointed!!!

2  Thank AndreaSH9480VR
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We rented the 45 ft Sea Ray for the day with Captain Doug and First Mate Megan. This was the best part of our trip. Captain Doug and Megan were the most accommodating and friendly people. Being unfamiliar with the area, we were not quite sure where we wanted to go. They took us to the best snorkeling spots and told us tons of stories about the islands we saw. They got along so well that we assumed they had worked together for years. We were shocked to hear that they had only chartered together for 3 months. We nicknamed them the dynamic duo!

I would highly recommend taking this tour with Doug and Megan. They were so knowledgeable about the islands, the boat, and the best spots to go. It was definitely the highlight of our trip and it was a pleasure getting to see the BVI with the two smiling faces that picked us up. What a great time!