“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coco Blue - CLOSED

Coco Blue
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Creative Island-Inspired Cuisine. Fresh Local Seafood.COCO BLUE is passionate cuisine. That is how owners Nicole and Eric Horstmeyer describe the cutting-edge creations. The former Manhattanites decided their new home in the Islands could use a few restaurants that would make fellow foodies proud. Along with St. Thomas native co-owner Zack Zoller, they have done just that and then some.COCO BLUE delivers a total night-out package they like to call, "Experiental Dining." The sights, sounds, ambience, aromas, and marina front setting are chic, topped only by some of the most creative dishes on any island. If life is lived in the details, then long live COCO BLUE!“You only live once, but if you dine well, once is all you need.”
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you like Havana Blue then you'll like Coco Blue, its sister restaurant. We love HB, but the cab ride from the East End to Morningstar is just too long and too bumpy so we try to stay in the Red Hook area. Food is just as good, but less expensive with more of a focus on seafood. We ate there twice and both times were wonderful! Ask Amanda to make you a "Jersey Girl" cocktail.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank 1RealEstateGirl
BlueWaterMG, Public Relations Manager at Coco Blue, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear you have dined at and love both of our restaurants! We can't wait to see you again at either location.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“The BEST meal we had on St. Thomas in our 10 day stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The chef that night was Tim...and boy did he impress us! The crispy snapper is a must have...the freshness was outstanding! Everything we ate was a perfect paring of flavors and textures! The menu had so many nice dishes it was hard to choose, but our server Jenali was extremely helpful and friendly. She made us very comfortable and we can't wait to return to COCO Blue again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very happy to hear you were so impressed with your meal at COCO BLUE! Thank you for making us a part of your trip and for your kind review. We hope you come back and see us again soon!

Kind Regards,
New Jersey
“Delicious Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

A very modern restaurant with delicious food. Beutifully decorated. I loved the sushi and lettuce wraps.

Visited August 2013
It is great to hear you enjoyed your meal at COCO BLUE. Thank you for including is in your visit to St. Thomas. We hope you come back and dine with us again soon!

New York, NY
“Must eat at Coco Blue again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We got lucky by finding such an excellent restaurant so close to the Ritz. One night we shared a taxi from our hotel and a couple got dropped off here; I decided to read TripAdvisor reviews before making a reservation. I am so glad that we opted to eat here two days before the end of our vacation as I'd like to return tonight.

Coco Blue's staff was welcoming and professional. Our server, Lee, is from Atlanta and from the moment he said "y'all" I knew we were in the right place. The entire staff at the bar also said "goodnight. Thanks for coming" when we left.

My husband is a very scrutinizing seafood eater who knows his lobster. He had the Mahi Mahi fish tacos and lobster with Manchego mashed potatoes and plantains. Both met his expectations.

I didn't order an appetizer and Lee wasn't satisfied with that. He offered to put in an order of the fish tacos but I explained that I am pregnant and can't eat Mahi Mahi. He suggested tuna and had the chef prepare a (cooked) tuna taco just for me.

For my entree I enjoyed the tiger shrimp served with polenta with bacon and broccolini. Outstanding meal all around.

We couldn't stop ourselves from ordering dessert. I had the double chocolate peanut butter brownie with chocolate ice cream and my DH had the key lime pie. I am passionate about my peanut butter and chocolate combinations and this was beyond superb. I will remember this dessert forever like the sticky toffee pudding I had six years ago in St. Lucia during our wedding & honeymoon trip at Anse Chastanet. I haven't had a better toffee pudding and I doubt that I'll have a better PB and chocolate brownie than at Coco Blue. My hubby loves key lime pie and said it was the second-best he's ever had which says a lot.

Our bill came to $134 which didn't seem like a lot because A) we were just in Anguilla for 5 days where dinner was almost $200/night without alcohol because I'm pregnant and my hubby doesn't drink and B) we live in NYC where dinner for two with a bottle--or two--of wine runs about the same price.

A different couple that shared the taxi with us last night mentioned that they'd eaten here twice during their 12-day stay and we understand why.

Thank you Coco Blue for a fantastic meal and experience. I highly recommend this restaurant and suggest that other travelers go before sunset as I think you can see the ocean from Coco Blue which would make this place even more delightful.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for such a kind review and making COCO BLUE a part of your vacation. It is great to hear both you and your husband enjoyed your whole experience while dining with us. We hope you come back to St. Thomas and see us again very soon!

Youngstown, Ohio
“Happy Hour!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Come to Coco Blue for happy hour! My boyfriend and I have made it a habit to come about every week to every two weeks for sushi! The rolls are $5 and completely worth it! They are fresh and tasty every time!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for coming to see us so frequently at COCO BLUE. We are very happy to hear you love the sushi. We hope to see you again soon!