“Must eat at Coco Blue again”
Review of Coco Blue - CLOSED

Coco Blue
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Creative Island-Inspired Cuisine. Fresh Local Seafood.COCO BLUE is passionate cuisine. That is how owners Nicole and Eric Horstmeyer describe the cutting-edge creations. The former Manhattanites decided their new home in the Islands could use a few restaurants that would make fellow foodies proud. Along with St. Thomas native co-owner Zack Zoller, they have done just that and then some.COCO BLUE delivers a total night-out package they like to call, "Experiental Dining." The sights, sounds, ambience, aromas, and marina front setting are chic, topped only by some of the most creative dishes on any island. If life is lived in the details, then long live COCO BLUE!“You only live once, but if you dine well, once is all you need.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We got lucky by finding such an excellent restaurant so close to the Ritz. One night we shared a taxi from our hotel and a couple got dropped off here; I decided to read TripAdvisor reviews before making a reservation. I am so glad that we opted to eat here two days before the end of our vacation as I'd like to return tonight.

Coco Blue's staff was welcoming and professional. Our server, Lee, is from Atlanta and from the moment he said "y'all" I knew we were in the right place. The entire staff at the bar also said "goodnight. Thanks for coming" when we left.

My husband is a very scrutinizing seafood eater who knows his lobster. He had the Mahi Mahi fish tacos and lobster with Manchego mashed potatoes and plantains. Both met his expectations.

I didn't order an appetizer and Lee wasn't satisfied with that. He offered to put in an order of the fish tacos but I explained that I am pregnant and can't eat Mahi Mahi. He suggested tuna and had the chef prepare a (cooked) tuna taco just for me.

For my entree I enjoyed the tiger shrimp served with polenta with bacon and broccolini. Outstanding meal all around.

We couldn't stop ourselves from ordering dessert. I had the double chocolate peanut butter brownie with chocolate ice cream and my DH had the key lime pie. I am passionate about my peanut butter and chocolate combinations and this was beyond superb. I will remember this dessert forever like the sticky toffee pudding I had six years ago in St. Lucia during our wedding & honeymoon trip at Anse Chastanet. I haven't had a better toffee pudding and I doubt that I'll have a better PB and chocolate brownie than at Coco Blue. My hubby loves key lime pie and said it was the second-best he's ever had which says a lot.

Our bill came to $134 which didn't seem like a lot because A) we were just in Anguilla for 5 days where dinner was almost $200/night without alcohol because I'm pregnant and my hubby doesn't drink and B) we live in NYC where dinner for two with a bottle--or two--of wine runs about the same price.

A different couple that shared the taxi with us last night mentioned that they'd eaten here twice during their 12-day stay and we understand why.

Thank you Coco Blue for a fantastic meal and experience. I highly recommend this restaurant and suggest that other travelers go before sunset as I think you can see the ocean from Coco Blue which would make this place even more delightful.

BlueWaterMG, Public Relations Manager at Coco Blue, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you very much for such a kind review and making COCO BLUE a part of your vacation. It is great to hear both you and your husband enjoyed your whole experience while dining with us. We hope you come back to St. Thomas and see us again very soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Come to Coco Blue for happy hour! My boyfriend and I have made it a habit to come about every week to every two weeks for sushi! The rolls are $5 and completely worth it! They are fresh and tasty every time!

Thank you for coming to see us so frequently at COCO BLUE. We are very happy to hear you love the sushi. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Everyone in my family enjoyed this restaurant. We made a delicious meal of appetizers and sushi. Everything that we ordered was memorable, from the speciality coconut mojito drink, the dipping sauce for the calimari, the volcano shrimp, and the amazing sushi. The deserts were wonderful as well. The waitress was incredibly helpful and friendly.

BlueWaterMG, Public Relations Manager at Coco Blue, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for visiting COCO BLUE and your great review. We are very happy to hear your entire family enjoyed the experience. Please make sure to visit us again!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ate here 3 times because the food was so good! Twice we ate in the resturant and once in the bar. Service was good and the food terrific!

BlueWaterMG, Management at Coco Blue, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

That's a compliment we don't take lightly! Thanks so much for coming to COCO BLUE a few times throughout your stay for a great meal. We'll pass your compliments on to the staff for making sure each visit was as enjoyable as the last. Come back to St. Thomas again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a great dinner of seafood and wine at Coco Blue. It was my wife and my first dinner alone as husband and wife and it was perfect. Great seafood, great wine and great service. The lobster BLT sushi roll is a must try. Awesome.

BlueWaterMG, Management at Coco Blue, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

We're delighted that you chose COCO BLUE as your first dinner together as a married couple, Nick. Our best congratulations to the two of you! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed everything, and we hope this is the first of many future visits to St. Thomas as you two enjoy many happy years together. Thanks for sharing this!

Best regards,