Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
First time spearfishing

My two sons and I had a great time out with Capt Rick and his first mate. Easygoing, he taught us... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2020
466phillipl
Austin, Texas
Captain Rick is amazing! Hands down best excursion of our trip!

I cannot say enough good things about Captain Rick and this excursion! I wanted to book a fishing... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2020
beardslee1

Recommended experiences in and around St. Thomas
from $76.93
from $165.00
from $112.83
from $130.00
More Info
All reviews captain rick lobster snaring hull bay fish lobster hunting biggest lobster laid back highlight of our trip secluded beach day adventure four hours great instructor tarpon swashbuckling speared island guns
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2018

We originally scheduled a lobster-diving and spearfishing tour, but we made a switch to line fishing the day before. Capt. Rick was super flexible and had no problems with the last minute change. He put us right on the fish, we caught a number of hard-nosed jack, bar jack, ceru mackeral, tunny tuna, and even a Mahi Mahi! We highly recommend for anyone looking for a fantastic in-shore fishing trip.

Reviewed November 2, 2018

My friends and I had an amazing day with Capt Rick and first mate Devlon. We got everything we wanted to do and more. Both Rick and Devlon were extremely patient with us. We told them we want to catch fish and lobsters, they would find fish and lobsters and let us catch them. Not all tours are this amazing. Had an incredible day out in the waters spearfishing for fish and diving for lobsters. We caught lots of fish and lobsters and had an insane time diving some amazing reefs and wrecks. We ended the day with Capt Rick grilling all the catches on the beach for us. This is the trip on St Thomas. Will definitely go back again. Thanks Capt Rick for this trip.

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We got to explore beautiful reefs in a less pressured part of the island. Captain Rick showed us how to lobster snare. He was gracious enough to grill the lobsters on the beach while we enjoyed a few cocktails from the local beach bar. We highly recommend this excursion for anyone who enjoys escaping the tourist trap destinations of the island. Paul and Dana Dunlap, Kennesaw GA

1  Thank Dana D
Reviewed October 19, 2018

went out for a half day of spear fishing. Rick was patient and swam along side giving advice and pointing out which fish were good to shoot. We went to several different different spots each was great in its own way with plenty of fish to shoot at. If I'm ever back at st Thomas Rick will be the first call I make. Definitely didn't want to get out of the water!

1  Thank shealy13579
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Captain Rick is the best he was patient with us. He showed us how to do everything and made sure we were having fun and being safe. My wife enjoyed catching fish and watching me struggle to catch a few lobsters. I would recommend Rick at Swashbuckling Tours to anyone looking for a great adventure and the most beautiful water. Cant wait to come back again.

Date of experience: September 2018