“Expensive, but fresh caught seafood”

Fish Tails Bar and Grill
Ranked #18 of 269 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Paid $30 for 1 pound of Caribbean lobster (this included the shell so it was not that much food) but I hadnt tried Caribbean lobster before so I paid it. The meal was delicious, but what irked me was we walked by earlier in the day at 2pm and the lobster was only $20/lb then... The prices went up for dinner ugh!! They have happy hour 3-6 and drinks are cheap then... Otherwise they're overpriced but that's everywhere. My husband got a $15 cheeseburger and he said it was average American food quality. According to the locals there is not a non-tourist trap fresh seafood eatery. If you know how to cook seafood you could go to the marina and buy sonething from the fishermen.. If not something like Fish Tails is your best bet.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,989)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is our favorite seafood restaurant on St. Thomas.
Try the Shrimp Hero.
We've eaten here several times from January - March 2013.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We came to St. Thomas for our honeymoon, and wanted to get away from the resort for a little while and looked up local eateries and found this establishment. You really can't have a bad seat in the whole place as its right on the water! We ordered just some simple sandwiches which were fantastic! I actually hated that I got full so fast because I really wanted to finish my meal, but my husband had no problem reaching over to take care of it for me!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We visited on a crowded Saturday night, our last night on St. Thomas. Very good fish served here = we had the Wahoo - it was fantastic. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

had breakfast here.. service was attentive. Food was so-so. Had eggs "benedict" made with crab cakes instead of ham. The crab cakes were way overcooked and dry. Would not recommend the dish.