“Absolutely delicious. Worth the walk”

Trenchtown Rock Jamaican Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 275 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Trenchtownrock Jamaican Bar and RestaurantHere is a place were locals and visitors alike can get a little taste of Jamaica in St Thomas. With dishes like Ackee & Salt Fish , Curry Chicken, Curry Goat , Jerk Chicken ,Jerk Pork and their amazing combination platters , like Jamaica Nice and thee Kingston Hot are delicious and fulling. With drink specials like the " Dutty Watta" , ice, gold and green Stop Light Shots, and Trenchtown Sunset, makes a must visit. Located downtown on backstreetHours : Mon-Thurs 11am-6pmFri-Sat 11am-8pmPhone 1 340 774 1996
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Just slightly off the beaten path. Great menu. Food cooked perfectly. Nicely seasoned. Large portions. They know what they are doing. Will be back!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This restaurant is always our first stop when we come to St. Thomas. Coming into the port we are always anxious for authentic Caribbean food. This restaurant is in the back streets, not on the main tourist route, but well worth the visit. When we have been there it is usually just a few patrons in the place, but do not let that dissuade you. The food is GREAT!

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We had to search a bit for an actual Carribean restaurant by the ocean front shopping, but we were so glad we found Trenchtown! It was great!

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

So my wife and I visited St Thomas today for like the 10th plus time and I can't believe we just found this place. Can't recommend it enough. We ate about everything on the menu and have ZERO complaints. Thank you Damion your the best. If you want authentic Jamaican food then this place is for you. Can't want to return.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Steven the owner is so nice and friendly. I love it. Walked in drenched with rain right before their closing time (4:30 pm) and still managed to get some yummy take out.

We dined at Cuzzins next door for lunch AND we had take out in our hands already but I couldn't resists me some jamaican food. Walked in and said hi. Steven came out asked me what I wanted. I said anything! I went to Jamaica last year and I fell in love with their local food. Give me jerk chicken, give me curried goat. Give me oxtail! Anything.

So he did. Upon chatting him up for a good 10-15 minutes, Steven made sure that my food was nice and spicy with a whole lot of scotch bonnet peppers. YUMMMMM~ They were out of most things but he managed to get me some curry goat. We also talked about Negril, Ocho rios and all that fun places.

Went back to our uber fancy Marriot French Men's Reef and had a takeout overload. Had a chance to compared Cuzzi's take out and Trench Town's take out side by side. Cuzzi's rice and beans was a winer but the rest go to Trench Town! Sweet plantains, spicy curry goat, hot sauce on the side etc.

Went back the next day for lunch!! it's a shame St thomas is so far out. Else, I'd make another trip just for their lunch.

1  Thank LatifaS_23