“Real Jamaican”

Ranked #65 of 269 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Trenchtownrock Jamaican Bar and RestaurantHere is a place were locals and visitors alike can get a little taste of Jamaica in St Thomas. With dishes like Ackee & Salt Fish , Curry Chicken, Curry Goat , Jerk Chicken ,Jerk Pork and their amazing combination platters , like Jamaica Nice and thee Kingston Hot are delicious and fulling. With drink specials like the " Dutty Watta" , ice, gold and green Stop Light Shots, and Trenchtown Sunset, makes a must visit. Located downtown on backstreetHours : Mon-Thurs 11am-6pmFri-Sat 11am-8pmPhone 1 340 774 1996
Victoria, Canada
“Real Jamaican”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This authentic place, just a few blocks back of the heavy tourist area of St. Thomas but well worth the search, is terrific. It has all the expected local delicacies (goat, chicken, salt fish, oxtail...) with the usual choice of side dishes. But what's unique about it is that as you sit there over lunch (not usually in a crowded restaurant) lots of local people are coming and going as they fetch their take-out food. Apparently, this is one of the prime local hangouts for really good meals. The booze was cheap, the food was less than half the price of the big tourist rip-off joints nearby, and the service was friendly and hospitable. As I think about it...I can taste those braised goat chunks in curry...

• Visited January 2014

Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good, but wimpy jerk and slow service”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a chicken patty, and split a sampler with jerk chicken, jerk pork, saltfish and ackee, potato stuffing, peas and rice and sweet potatoes. I also had a Dutty Wata to drink- it may be my new favorite cocktail!

The patty was great. The jerk had no heat, which was disappointing, but the meat was good and well seasoned, even if not spicy. The rice and peas were the most flavorful we had on the islands, and I'm not sure whether it was the potato stuffing or the sweet potatoes, but they were basically rum raisin sweet potatoes. It was very tasty.

• Visited February 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Find”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend the jerk chicken wings. I had the platter and added rice and peas, mac 'n cheese and plantains. Friendly staff and delicious food!

Visited February 2014
Winter Springs, Florida
“Great Local Find!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Just finishing our lunch and I wanted to write how much we enjoyed Trenchtown. I don't understand the handful of negative review that said the food was flavorless. They must have eaten at a different restaurant than us. We had conch fritters for an appetizer and they were very good! My wife had the whole fish fried (snapper) and I had the curry shrimp. For sides we had things like fungi (not mushrooms), plantains, and potato stuffing. They were all delicious, but I highly recommend trying the fungi and potato stuffing. Damion was our waiter and he was very friendly and helpful. A couple blocks off Main St, find it and give it a try!

1 Thank REVoigt
Baltimore, Maryland
“Yummy Authentic Jamaican Cuisine in St. Thomas”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was a delicious break from our hotel stay. We had the best rum punches...very comparable to those that I had in Jamaica. I had the curried goat, rice and peas, mac & cheese, and cabbage. Soooooo delicious!!! A must visit when visiting St. Thomas.

• Visited January 2014