“Amazing Spot!”

Ranked #65 of 269 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Trenchtownrock Jamaican Bar and RestaurantHere is a place were locals and visitors alike can get a little taste of Jamaica in St Thomas. With dishes like Ackee & Salt Fish , Curry Chicken, Curry Goat , Jerk Chicken ,Jerk Pork and their amazing combination platters , like Jamaica Nice and thee Kingston Hot are delicious and fulling. With drink specials like the " Dutty Watta" , ice, gold and green Stop Light Shots, and Trenchtown Sunset, makes a must visit. Located downtown on backstreetHours : Mon-Thurs 11am-6pmFri-Sat 11am-8pmPhone 1 340 774 1996
new york
“Amazing Spot!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We ate here on the last night of our trip. There was only 1 cruise ship in port and it was leaving soon after we arrived...so the town was pretty much closing. We walked in and there were men sitting at the bar, no one at the tables (it was 430pm), so we weren't sure they were open. They welcomed us right away and said the kitchen was still open and we were welcome to sit anywhere we like. The food was probably the best we had of the trip. I had the Steamed Fish and my husband had the Jerk Chicken. Can not say enough good about the meal or the service. Highly Recommend!

• Visited January 2013

Dallas, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Jerk Chicken”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We got this recommendation from one of our boat taxi captains. He stated that Cuzzin's, Gladys's and Trenchtown were all good local restaurant's but that he liked Trenchtown Rock's spices better and since I love spices, decided to give this one a try. It is off the beaten path, located at the corner of Back Street (Wimmelskafts Gade) and Raadets Gade.
We ordered the Jerk combo plate (chicken and pork). The chicken was excellent and the jerk spices were really good. I did not like the pork as much as it seemed a little tough. If I had to do it over again, I'd get just the chicken.
The combo plate came with two sides and we got the rice and peas (actually red beans and rice), which were really good, and the macaroni and cheese. The macaroni and cheese is made from scratch but they used a ziti-type pasta, it was good, but we were expecting "normal" type mac-n-cheese, so we were a little disappointed. I got a mango (non-alcoholic) drink, which was excellent, and my wife a Pepsi.
The combo plate was large enough for both me and my wife to split and walk away satisfied. I did order the coconut shrimp appetizer but thought it was a little too crunchy for my taste.
The service was outstanding and our waitress was very personable. We did notice a good amount of locals that came in to eat / get take out, which to me is a great sign.
The combo was $20, the appetizer was $8 and drinks were $3. The daily specials, which we didn't get were around $11-14. If we are back at St. Thomas, I will visit the restaurant again.

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“RUN TO THIS RESTAURANT.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'm not kidding. My brother and I stopped in on a recommendation from a lady on the street and we wanted to go find her and hug her afterward because this place was SUPERB. The food was amazing (I could have eaten a pot load of the curry goat) but nothing could compare to the service. If you go? Ask for Isis. What an amazingly lovely woman. Seriously, you'll thank me later.

Visited December 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Jamaican Restaurant”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We asked some local people for a good place to eat that had Island food. And several people recommended Trenchtown. It was easy to find and the food was excellent and reasonably priced.
If we revisit St. Thomas we would surely eat there again.

• Visited December 2012
Fletcher, North Carolina
“Wonderful Food!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The curried goat was wonderful. Great restaurant, food and staff was very good. You really should try it, all of the menu items are great.

Visited December 2012