Our stay began with an extremely awkward shuttle experience with the owner/husband. 1) Him asking numerous questions about where we worked, did we own the companies, etc. Then with him telling us he owned 4 businesses, but when we asked about the other 3, he promptly & rudely snapped, "You want to talk about MY businesses?!" 2) He asked what our kids were into & when we said that our son played baseball & soccer, having great hand eye coordination, he scoffed "You don't need hand-eye coordination for those sports! I play tennis & that's a sport that requires real hand-eye coordination." 3) He badmouthed the island for it's crime & lack of decent restaurants. -- Needless to say, prior to even arriving to the B&B, we were thinking we had made a mistake.
Our room was clean & the AC worked well. The curtains should have been thicker. I felt uncomfortable dressing in the room because the curtains were so thin. The bathroom was nicely upgraded (by island standards) however, the shower/tub had mildew. The pictures show a bar in the common area but no one manned the bar so I don't really see the point. The husband offered us a beer when we arrived which was nice & only cost us $2 each.
We were prepared for the bad driveway but it's in seriously bad shape! Potholes filled with water, dark & littered with trash. Just an hour of time picking up trash & filling in the large 5' wide hole with gravel would do wonders. The drive is so dark at night that we felt unsafe.
On a good note, the wife was super sweet and helpful with directions and recommendations for dining and travel. The breakfasts she made were great. The baked goods were both pretty and tasty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two Sandals - Bed & Breakfast is located in the beautiful East End of St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. It is the perfect place for a family trip, a romantic getaway, or short-term rental. The property overlooks American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook and boasts spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, including the neighboring island of St. John. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Two Sandals by the Sea Inn - Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 2 Sandals By The Sea Inn - Bed & Breakfast
- Two Sandals By The Sea Hotel St. Thomas
- Two Sandals By The Sea Inn - Bed And Breakfast
- Two Sandals By The Sea Inn - Bed & Breakfast St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands