“Day Sail Charter”

Independence Sailboat Charter
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I booked this trip as part of a cruise. Pat worked super hard at trying to find other people to share the charter with me. She found three people and then I had an additional problem that my ship was going to be late arriving because of high winds. Pat stayed in constant contact, and encouraged me to taxi out to the marina. I arrived and found out the 3 other people had just arrived. Due to high winds, we deferred to Pat's advice and did less sailing and more snorkeling. We stopped at two different locations. Pat cooked a super lunch for us, and Andy, the first mate served as a great tour guide. The rum punch is amazing! Andy and Pat were super hosts and did everything within their power to ensure everybody had a great time. I recommend Pat highly-she will do everything within her power and answers emails very quickly.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was my first time sailing and it was a great experience. Captain Pat and first mate Andy were so much fun and entertaining. Our group was very glad we picked Independence Sailboat Charter and would definately recommended it to anyone visiting St. Thomas.
JSS

1  Thank JSSIndiana
Captain_Pat_Stoeken, Owner at Independence Sailboat Charter, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Great to hear, thanks so much for sailing with us and we will hope to have you aboard Independence again soon. We really appreciate you taking the time to review your day with us.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Wonderful experience with Captain Pat and first mate Andy!! Great stories - delicious lunch - best rum punch ever! Put this on your to - do - list while visiting St. Thomas. We sailed January 2014. Hit a little rain then the sun came out and saw a beautiful rainbow. Pat has been sailing since she was 15 years old. Pat and Andy kept us very entertained with lively conversations with their experiences and their expertise. CJ

1  Thank cjw222
Captain_Pat_Stoeken, Owner at Independence Sailboat Charter, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

We are so glad that you enjoyed the sailing and the stories, come back soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I took 4 of my friends from Russia for full day sail on beautiful Independence sailboat to start the 2014 right and I'm glad I did! I've had 5-7 other offers, but majority of us voted for Pat's offering. We've agreed it was one of the highlights of our trip. From begging to the end Pat, an experienced captain, was more than accommodating to our itinerary, including tricking oncoming rain to make sure we've had nice and sunny excursion around picturesque Virgin Islands. First mate Andy showed the ropes to inexperienced snorkelers in our group and was quite a storyteller. Delicious food and just as tasty proprietary rum punches made complemented our day quite nicely, so 5 stars all around! Spasibo! :)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Yes they are a bit more expensive but worth every penny!
We had a great time on the beautiful Independence with captain Pat and first mate
Andy. We felt like we were sailing with friends :) Learned a bit about sailing that day a lot about the area from these extremely nice people. Capt Pat I am in awe of you WOW! Andy you are such a nice person and so interesting to talk to .Very tasty lunch prepared by the captain. Drinks were whatever we asked for , they could not do enough for us.If you are looking for a cattle call book one of those crowded catamarans ,if you want something special book the Independence!
We were happy we did and will again!

Gail& Luis

Captain_Pat_Stoeken, Owner at Independence Sailboat Charter, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your day with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed it, we had just returned from our summer sail north when you came with us and it was great to get such a positive response on one of our first days back.